Replies

• sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Salad with lots of low calorie veggies and a lean protein
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    In addition to water and gum, hot tea. Fruity or cinnamon ones that have a touch of natural sweetness to them. The hot liquid helps.

And I agree, you will adjust in a bit and then the hunger will be easier.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Choose satisfying foods like porridge for breakfast with banana. Drink plenty of water during the day, jacket potatoes or sweet potatoes are filling too. If you do exercise it takes the edge off your hunger, swimming is good as it exercises the whole body & builds up your stamina, I do lots of walking too. These things work for me so give it a try, remember its a change in your lifestyle you need if you want to lose the weight & keep it off. Hope this helps....good luck!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Make sure your deficit isn't larger than it should be. If your weekly goal is overly aggressive, you could simply be hungry because you need to eat more. MFP allows up to a 2lb goal, but if you are a smaller woman and not obese, 2 lbs can be too aggressive.
  • arnnap
    arnnap Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @kimny72 @teacherspet1 thank you a lot
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Your calories could be too low... how many pounds a week loss did you set it for? If you put 2 lbs a week go change it to 1 or 1/2 lb a week.

Drink more water, eat more veggies, eat more protein.
  • MindfulMother
    MindfulMother Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of low carb, high fat way of eating? There is a man named Butter Bob Briggs who lost 145 pounds by doing this life plan. His videos are on youtube.I know it works as this is my style of eating. There are many resources on information of how this works but Bob puts it into a simple way of understanding the concept. I learned of this myself on a thread here. I wish you the best on whatever you choose. Good health to you.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I volumize my foods with lots of veggies some cooked, some raw. I also drink lots of water. If I can stimulate the stretch receptors in my belly, I can stay satisfied longer.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I know some will not be in favor of this but I started doing low carb high fat in January of this year. I have not been hungry, had no cravings, only started exercising 3 days ago. I have lost 107 pounds. And I self imposed 1500 cals a day....still not hungry. Brothers gf started 2 months ago and has lost over 20 pounds. Sisters husband started 2 months ago and has lost over 20 pounds. Do some research, also dietdoctor.com (dont have to buy anything, I didnt) just do the reading also lowcarbisland.com
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    I know some will not be in favor of this but I started doing low carb high fat in January of this year. I have not been hungry, had no cravings, only started exercising 3 days ago. I have lost 107 pounds. And I self imposed 1500 cals a day....still not hungry. Brothers gf started 2 months ago and has lost over 20 pounds. Sisters husband started 2 months ago and has lost over 20 pounds. Do some research, also dietdoctor.com (dont have to buy anything, I didnt) just do the reading also lowcarbisland.com

LCHF works for some and not others.. It is certainly a method to try.. I hated it personally..

1) How long have you been in a deficit? First week or two it will be a wee bit uncomfortable, but it shall pass.
    2) What is your rate of loss (how many pounds did you setup to lose weight each week)?
    3) Are you exercising? Are you eating these back?
    4) Find the right macro balance that provide you with satiety and fullness. Plenty of protein, healthy fats, and fiber rich foods, plenty of veggies or voluminous foods.
    5) Work with meal timing
    6) Hyrdrate well, while water is not a weight loss aid (i.e. make you lose fat any faster), it does hydrate and it might make you feel full for a few minutes, but that's it..
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »

Find what works for you.
    I never really remember being hungry until I started MFP. I was almost always nibbling on something, that is why I was morbidly obese. It does get better. Keep a lot of raw veggies prepped and drink water.
    I lost 100 pounds in the first 7 months. Total lost 160 pounds by 20 months. I have maintained this for almost 3 years now. All through moderation of all foods and no gimmicks, surgery, or pills.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Make sure your deficit isn't larger than it should be. If your weekly goal is overly aggressive, you could simply be hungry because you need to eat more. MFP allows up to a 2lb goal, but if you are a smaller woman and not obese, 2 lbs can be too aggressive.

This and so much this, start with a low weight loss and increase as your comfort level increases. If your intake is too low you will be hungry. You should not be full but you should feel satisfied (unless your fullness indicator is way off.) Focus on small changes and work on things slowly. Start with tracking what you are eating and make sure you aren't trying to cut too much.
  • RobPA1
    RobPA1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of low carb, high fat way of eating? There is a man named Butter Bob Briggs who lost 145 pounds by doing this life plan. His videos are on youtube.I know it works as this is my style of eating. There are many resources on information of how this works but Bob puts it into a simple way of understanding the concept. I learned of this myself on a thread here. I wish you the best on whatever you choose. Good health to you.

Butter Bob is awesome, he explains things very simply and effectively. Butter Makes your Pants fall off, Fasting and the 50% Insulin Solution, and Steak fajita meals are my three fav. vids. I watch them periodically to keep me in check. I have lost 40Lbs without any extra exercise (desk job) and no hunger. Check him out!

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    Another thing is to look at when you are hungry. Sometimes it is more a question of boredom or habit that tells you you need to eat, now. If possible, go for a walk or do some other exercise or get involved in a project and you may find the hunger disappearing.

What you can eat depends on what kind of a diet you are following. When I did Adkins, I would eat a slice of cheese whenever I got hungry. It was filling. Counting calories, I am more likely to look at eating more fruit and vegetables and soup to fill my belly with bulk.

If you have sugar cravings and are cutting out sugar, the first week is the hardest. I always found that after a while I didn't even miss sweets, if I didn't eat them at all. If I ate some sugar, I would crave more.