Someone cuts in front of you in line... do you say something?

Options

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    open handed slap is a $300 fine sometimes its worth the $300 to do the right thing..
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Say anything? No.

Throw an elbow? No?
  • nolaman1970
    nolaman1970 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Let them go, if they are older they earned it, and don't have as much time to waste.
    I saw a video with a lady that cut a line, they guy she cut told her something.
    She went and got her X-con boyfriend who beat him, the X-con went back to jail where he belongs.
    But not before the man that complained had to have reconstructive surgery to fix his face.
    Just not worth it, you never know.
    My mother got punched in the face for telling someone not to cut in the line for the ferry.
    I say let em go.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I am not normally very confrontational, so I usually bite my tongue, but on occasion, I might say something. But, not unless I am prepared to enforce my advice. If I am not prepared to move them, I mind my own business.
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Really depends on their attitude. If they generally don't realize they're skipping, which happens often, then I may be inclined to politely make them aware. If it's sneaky or intentional, I'm definitely not letting that one slide.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    If it's an old dude I yell out "Hey is that The Golden Girls?!!" & while they looking I just breeze right by them (That one works everytime!) But if it's a young dude trying 2 cut me off I'll be like "Yooo Slim Shadey ...U trying cut me bro" ....But women I try 2 be a gentleman cuz I'm stupid like that
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Let them go, if they are older they earned it, and don't have as much time to waste.
    She went and got her X-con boyfriend who beat him, the X-con went back to jail where he belongs.
    But not before the man that complained had to have reconstructive surgery to fix his face.
    My mother got punched in the face for telling someone not to cut in the line for the ferry.
    I say let em go.

Where the hell do you live ....geez
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Keyboard warriors. I wonder how many of the people who posted would really behave the way they are saying they do.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kWF1tq1nkuc

Anyway, I don't think I have ever had someone do this but if they did I guess I didn't figure it was worth getting worked up over. Just let them go. Why let some stranger's bad behavior ruin your day?
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It doesn't happen to me. I guess looking intimidating has it's perks.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Keyboard warriors. I wonder how many of the people who posted would really behave the way they are saying they do.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=kWF1tq1nkuc

Anyway, I don't think I have ever had someone do this but if they did I guess I didn't figure it was worth getting worked up over. Just let them go. Why let some stranger's bad behavior ruin your day?

u81jvcwtezjf.jpg
  • Wife2MrPerfect
    Wife2MrPerfect Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I say let em go.

Your mother got punched in the face!
    That's crazy! Where was the ferry...geeze!

As soon as they walk up side by side to me, I turn to them and say, "you in line?" If they, "yes." I happily say, "the line is behind me." Then I politely smile.

• Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I used to agree about giving the older generation a pass until the day a senior did it to me in such a blatant way that the person BEHIND me said something....old lady just grinned like a Cheshire cat. Couldn't help myself, had to refer to the fact that obviously her time was more important than mine, especially since she's retired and has all the time in the world to go through a checkout line. Who cares if I had worked all day and needed to start my second shift as a single mum and get the kids fed, homework and then housework done. Have to agree with Michael190lbs above, it would have been worth the $300 lol!
  • williejmaddox9
    williejmaddox9 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I be saying..Biiiitt...ch..you know wher da back of da line ill.. get to it..
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I usually say, "excuse me, the line is back there!" I also let them know it was rude.....but I'm weak for elderly ppl too lol
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If I'm at the store I tell that person where the line starts and they usually go to the end of the line. I haven't come across such an *kitten* yet who doesnt give a damn and when and if I do, I have no idea how I'll handle that one. Hopefully my RBF and my glare will scare the crap out of them haha
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I've ever been cut in front of, I leave a normal amount of space between us so as not to be on top of the person in front of me. If someone pushed into that space, the Jersey would come out and I wouldn't drop it until they left.

I totally cut someone in line a while back, nothing about their positioning indicated that they were in line (other than the fact that they were near the register and not IN the aisles). They commented that they were in line, I pointed out that they clearly weren't, otherwise I would've gotten behind them. You can't leave nearly 8 feet and be in line.
  • Ipedalforpleasure
    Ipedalforpleasure Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was actually in line last night waiting to vote and there was a gap between the line and the place to sign for voting. An older couple walked up right to the line where the sign in was and I politely told them the line starts at the back of Isle 4. They said thank you and moved on. I think if you do it with tact it won't be problem.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    If they cut you, you can cut them back.