Weight loss!

Options
Hey! So, I picked these up and I wanted to know if I should take them for weight loss? Has anyone tried these? I'll be doing 30 minutes of Leslie and 30 more on a stationary bike.. along with eating healthy but these are to help me. Thoughts? I can always return them.. but I'd like to see if these have helped anyone?

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Notice on the box it says clinically researched, but not clinically proven. And the only way calories are burned is by your body, nothing you take will burn calories.
  • RobynTheresa
    RobynTheresa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Some people also have cardiovascular reactions to high levels of caffeine such as found in green tea extracts. I had pulpitations and elevated blood pressure after taking a green tea extract sports drink supplement. Couldn't complete my swim session, had to wait a while before driving home. Never touched it again.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    Notice on the box it says clinically researched, but not clinically proven. And the only way calories are burned is by your body, nothing you take will burn calories.

Exactly. The wording is the key. I doubt they even did any R&D. Green tea is already researched clinically for weight loss purposes. However, I quote here:

"While lab and animal studies seem to indicate that the components in green tea decrease fat production and increase fat- and calorie-burning, its weight loss benefits for humans are less certain, according to a 2010 review article published in The Journal of Nutrition."

The amounts we are talking is negligible too. If you eat just slightly less calories, you d lose a lot more weight. I live in Japan, so green tea is basically everywhere, instead of coke or pepsi, you chose between oolong tea or green tea. I like the taste as well so it works for me. I wouldn't recommend them as pills though.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain weight from taking some gimmicky pill... what makes you think one will make it go away?

You gained weight from being in a calorie surplus. Now you have to reverse the process by being in a calorie deficit.

That's it.