In need of an awesome dinner idea!

Options
Tonyrebuilt
Tonyrebuilt Posts: 43 Member
I didn't get the chance to prepare a breakfast or lunch today, so I'm running on a granola bar and a protein bar right now. I get out of work in an hour and I need an awesome dinner meal that has a lot of protein. Under 1400 calories that will fill me up.

Replies

• not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    What kind of food do you like? How much time do you want to spend on preparing it?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Stuff from your pantry or freezer? Or grab from a grocery store?
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i like breakfast for dinner sometimes bacon and eggs yum
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Options
    What kind of food do you like? How much time do you want to spend on preparing it?

Time is a non factor. I love to cook. Just new to the healthy bit.
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Stuff from your pantry or freezer? Or grab from a grocery store?
    Doesn't matter as long as it doesn't break my calorie budget
  • queenliz99
    Options
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Options

Looks good except I can't eat fish or deviled eggs. Maybe I replace the fish with grilled chicken and the eggs with scrambled egg whites?
  • BeverlyMarsh1986
    BeverlyMarsh1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You could get a Grilled Chicken Burger from Chick-Fil-A and a side salad with honey mustard dressing... maybe some Arctic Zero Brownie Blast frozen treat to top it all off. They have them at Walmart.
    Or bake some fish or grill some chicken, add a bit of rice, and a couple of baked zucchini halves with shredded parmesan on top (bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees with a tiny amount of olive oil and some parsley flakes under the cheese).
  • queenliz99
    Options

Looks good except I can't eat fish or deviled eggs. Maybe I replace the fish with grilled chicken and the eggs with scrambled egg whites?

That's the beauty of this salad, anything goes. Seriously! I have leftover roasted Brussels sprouts which is going into the salad. Scrambled egg white maybe pushing it but it's your meal.
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Options
    You could get a Grilled Chicken Burger from Chick-Fil-A and a side salad with honey mustard dressing... maybe some Arctic Zero Brownie Blast frozen treat to top it all off. They have them at Walmart.
    Or bake some fish or grill some chicken, add a bit of rice, and a couple of baked zucchini halves with shredded parmesan on top (bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees with a tiny amount of olive oil and some parsley flakes under the cheese).

That's a meal right there
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want to eat?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Decide what you want to eat. Learn to cook. Most things can be assembled into acceptable meals. It's a reason there are billions of recipes ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I didn't get the chance to prepare a breakfast or lunch today, so I'm running on a granola bar and a protein bar right now. I get out of work in an hour and I need an awesome dinner meal that has a lot of protein. Under 1400 calories that will fill me up.

If you have 1400 calories for dinner you have tons of choices.
    Meatloaf, baked potato, salad
    Meatball sandwich
    Chicken stir fry, rice
    Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans
    Burger with egg on top
    Sausage and potatoes
    Beans and rice
    Lasagna
    Casseroles
    Soups
    You could add stuff like cottage cheese, milk, nuts, eggs to your meal.
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Options
    Decide what you want to eat. Learn to cook. Most things can be assembled into acceptable meals. It's a reason there are billions of recipes ;)

I love cooking. I'm just new to the healthy cooking thing
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    for dinner today i had 5oz microwaved potato with 1 Tbl butter, 2 Tbl sour cream. 4 oz of that chuck meat they cut thin for tacos cooked on our George Forman grill for about 1 minute, green beans & I'm full