Starbucks Drink Ideas: No / Little Added Sugar

Options
Please & thank you!

Replies

• snogintheloo
    snogintheloo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's all sugar!. If you don't mind fake sugar then get a skinny vanilla latte or skinny cinnamon dolce. Coffee light frap or as stated above, black hot coffee or iced coffee.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    You can also request things half-sweet if you wanted a particular drink! It will shave some cals off.
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i really like flat whites - no added flavors. bold coffee taste.
  • serialmahogany
    serialmahogany Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Jade Citrus Mint tea.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The only things I've ever ordered from Starbucks are coffee (just coffee, black) or an Americano (also black) or a cold brew (or on occasion an iced coffee, black). No sugar in any these.

Another option is to ask for whatever type of coffee (espresso, regular) you like and add some sort of milk or cream. Or I'm sure they have unsweetened lattes.

I would say that the default for coffee and coffee-related beverages is no sugar, so that this is a question kind of surprises me.

Unsweetened tea, hot or cold, is also an idea or I believe they sell bottled water.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    just walk passed this overpriced coffee shop...invest in your own brew set....play around create your own brew...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Ask for fewer pumps of flavoring. I was doing this long before wanting to lose weight, particularly with chai tea lattes and anything with chocolate in it. Personally, I find Starbucks drinks overpoweringly sweet otherwise.

Get a smaller size.

Otherwise, your best bets are to get plain tea or coffee and doctor it up yourself. Unsweetened lattes, macchiatos, etc would be next on the list.
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I usually get an Americano (iced usually). I put sweetener in it, but you don't have to as it has a very rich taste on its own.
  • texashockeymom
    texashockeymom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cafe Misto--coffee and steamed milk only. I do whole milk but you can do skim. The best.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    So easy to do! Just get a regular coffee with sugar free vanilla/hazelnut/cinnamon dolce syrup added and add some almond milk!! :)
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Of the drinks I get at Starbucks, the Tall Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew has the least amount of sugar at 12g. I don't add any extra sweetener to it and it is really good.
  • herculesmulligan
    herculesmulligan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of the skinny cinnamon dolce latte, or just plain coffee with some milk/cream. The cinnamon dolce latte feels like a fancy drink but is still lower calorie and sugar than their regular drinks.

Another yummy drink is their peach tea with two pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup.
  • hannahvillarreal96
    hannahvillarreal96 Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Cold brew with a splash of coconut milk! (Not the vanilla sugar one)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Double espresso. Don't mess around.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My order is a venti blonde (whatever size/roast you prefer) with steamed heavy cream. No sugar. You can add any sugar free sweetener you like (vanilla and hazelnut are my favs).

You can do the same with their almond milk and that only adds 3g of sugar.

Keep in mind their "classic" syrup has tons of sugar, so if you order a drink that has classic (lattes, iced coffee etc) ask to SWAP their classic syrup with a sugar free version. It's free.
  • dmsx3
    dmsx3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened, shaken green tea has always been my Starbucks drink. It is very refreshing. It was made with Tazo Zen tea but I understand they have changed their tea lately and I haven't had the replacement yet. I might be switching to coffee soon!
  • blondehobby
    blondehobby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Venti, 2 pump vanilla, iced coffee with almond milk. A little sweet but the real deal...no chemicals and can be balanced in with your macros. :) ☕️
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Americano, mostly. The Starbucks near my job finally has almond milk so I'll sometimes get a tall cappuccino with 1 pump of a flavoring.
  • oceandaisies
    oceandaisies Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Iced Black Tea Lemonade, either unsweetened or 1/4 sweet
    Americano, usually add milk or cream to mine but also delicious black
    I always get their drinks 1/4 to 1/2 sweet as they are otherwise too sweet for me.