What to do if you had too much stevia?

Options
I have a friend who had 3 pints of Halo Top ice cream in one sitting; I tired to warn her that something bad might happen, but she persisted, and now she is complaining of upset stomach and bloat. I think it's probably the stevia and fiber overload. I've been looking on line for some advice and I can't find any; anyone have any ideas for relief?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Doesn't halo top have sugar alcohols? If yes than that would be the issue. They can cause major gi issues
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Tums and wait it out? Don't do it again.?
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    probably not so much the stevia but the amount of ice-cream she consumed! ANY ice-cream anyone ate that much of would result in bloating and discomfort. After she poops she'll be fine.
  • whitegems
    whitegems Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I told her!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It's probably the sugar alcohols, not the stevia. Sugar alcohols are known to have laxative effects. Stevia can cause bloating in some people but it's not that common. She's probably up for an unpleasant bathroom experience that will teach her not to do that again.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Tell her to make sure her phone is charged and she's stocked up on toilet paper.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Unless she's lactose intolerant, it's probably either the fiber or the sugar alcohols that are causing the problem. The only thing that she can do is try to sleep it off and wait it out. Maybe she learned a lesson about moderation from all of this?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    LOL halo top must be good I should try it.

Such as other people said, just wait it out. Thats why one should not eat so much of one thing in one sitting haha. I used to eat 20teaspoons of stevia a day and had terrible GI problems. Only thing I can recommend is gasX
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My guess is sugar alcohols are the problem too. Too much stevia does nothing (as far as I know).