Looking to start a cleanse with some gals on Monday.

Options
alexissss03
alexissss03 Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2016 in Motivation and Support
Years ago i did this cleanse more like a diet. We did weigh ins on Mondays. And if you follow the healthy diet correctly the first week you lose 10 lbs. Ita very healthy. Basically the reason you can lose so much the first week is because you go from whatever it is you call eating normal for you to eating every two hours and drinking a ton of water. Looking for a group willing to help each other out. Actually text or email each other daily. In the group i was in we were doing so well. But eventually they gave up and i was left alone. So i didn't continue. Let me know if you want to do it together. I can email you the diet. And it comes with a simple grocery list. Anyone??

Replies

• alexissss03
    alexissss03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is realistic. You go from eating the way you do to a sudden healthy change and drinking a lot of water is what helps you. The following week you lose way less. Its just the sudden impact rhat makes you lose so much the first week.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It is realistic. You go from eating the way you do to a sudden healthy change and drinking a lot of water is what helps you. The following week you lose way less. Its just the sudden impact rhat makes you lose so much the first week.

That's mostly water weight.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What exactly does it cleanse?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

no, the massive reduction in calories and massive increase in water is why you lose a LOT of water weight.... its physically impossible to lose 10lbs of fat in 1 week
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,070 Member
    Options
    My body does a cleanse every single day. :)

Why not just simply use MFP?

Enter your information into MFP, MFP will give you a calorie limit. Log your food and stick to that calorie limit.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    To legitimately lose ten pounds in a week, you'd have to be at a deficit of 5000 calories a day. You'd have to burn off 5000 calories plus whatever you eat. To give a little perspective, when I run a mile I burn about a hundred calories, so I'd have to run like 50 miles. Every day. That's crazy talk.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    This is a quick fix--why are you in such a rush? There's a reason all your friends gave up before and you were left alone. If you want company dieting, use MFP correctly as designed. 10 lbs a week is not a healthy loss, and you are not going about it in a healthy way. You gained it all back + more, am I right? Do things this time for the long haul. Good luck.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    1) cleanses don't really do anything good- short ones you just lose water weight due to reduced sodium intake, longer ones you probably lose more muscle than fat due to being in too much of a calorie deficit and not eating enough protein.

2) having a supportive community is helpful, but really you need to be self motivated and able to succeed on your own. No one can do this for you, you can't give up if your friends don't continue. You need to have your own drive and follow through.

3) true meaningful weight loss comes from being in a reasonable calorie deficit and consistency. Also exercise and proper protein intake is helpful to preserve muscle and prioritize fat loss. THATS IT. No cleanses needed, no pills, no crash diet... just time and adherence.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    So all I have to do is eat every two hours and drink lots of water and I can lose 10 lbs in a week? Seems legit.