Pedometer Apps... How reliable?

Options
I have a pedometer app called "Pacer" on my phone that's supposed to sync with MFP. Anyone have this? Is it reliable?

Replies

• crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    No one uses a pedometer app?
  • ElizabethAnnSz
    ElizabethAnnSz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We are having a step challenge at work and that is the app I use. I find it reliable.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I use the samsung app built into my phone. I also sometimes use pokemon go (go ahead and mock). The samsung app works much better. It is super accurate. Pokemon, not so great. Its funner but not accurate.
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I use my iPhone for steps/mileage. It overestimates by about 10% when compared to a marked mile.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    007Aggie wrote: »
    I use my iPhone for steps/mileage. It overestimates by about 10% when compared to a marked mile.

This is interesting. My iphone steps have always been lower than actual steps (comparing to fit bit and the machine) Since I have downloaded iOS10, it is recording even lower step counts. ie: this morning, step count 65 minutes on elliptical: fitbit 10,750; machine 11, 066; iphone 7,830.

I have tested the step count actually counting steps per minute, and my fit bit has always been close to the machine count and my iphone is consistently lower.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    I use the Android app called "Pedometer." Simple and seems quite accurate to me.
  • crissy976
    Options
    I use the samsung app built into my phone. I also sometimes use pokemon go (go ahead and mock). The samsung app works much better. It is super accurate. Pokemon, not so great. Its funner but not accurate.
    Is that the S Health app or something like that?

• stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

I agree about the S Health for Samsung.
    I wasn't sure about the steps, but I've driven a couple of routes that I walk, and the mileage is spot on. My Garmin Vivosmart, however, sometimes counts steps when I'm doing things like chopping vegetables..
  • crissy976
    Options
    [/quote] I agree about the S Health for Samsung.
    I wasn't sure about the steps, but I've driven a couple of routes that I walk, and the mileage is spot on. My Garmin Vivosmart, however, sometimes counts steps when I'm doing things like chopping vegetables..[/quote]

My Pacer app on my phone counts steps while I'm turning off my alarm on my phone. And I didn't even leave my bed! lol I'm going to try the S Health app. This one counts steps when I'm not doing anything and doesn't count them when I'm running around the shop at work like a nut! lol