Horrible for me foods that I totally miss

Options

Replies

• dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I miss eating delicious greasy double cheese pizza, with side order of nachos or/and onion rings, followed by pint of ben&jerrys and not thinking about it twice. I definitely don't miss how I felt after this and on the next day. Definitely not worth it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I still eat most of the "bad" stuff...but it's more occasional than it used to be...I just eat less of that stuff so it's not really substantive to my diet as a whole.
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I miss eating delicious greasy double cheese pizza, with side order of nachos or/and onion rings, followed by pint of ben&jerrys and not thinking about it twice. I definitely don't miss how I felt after this and on the next day. Definitely not worth it.

Your user name f**king rocks. Reminds me of a donut.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I eat the same food just appropriate portions so don't miss anything.
    Obviously I used to overeat but a 6" sub vs. a 12" sub of my favorite combo is still tasty.

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    At first, when I was running a larger deficit, it was steak. I had some but not much. Now, it is a regular again. About the only thing I still find tempting is fried chicken when I roll past a Chick-fil-A, Chicken Express, or Golden Chick.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I find the childhood junk doesn't live up to the memory. I tried Captn Crunch as an adult and yuck, too sweet. I found Corn Bran to be a decent adult substitute.

Similarly I like chocolate wafer cookies as an adult better than the Oreos.

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/ingredients/detail/chocolate-wafers

I get all the cheese taste with a fraction of the calories by switching to extra sharp extra old cheese, grating finer, and using a fraction of what is called for.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Never give up any food . Fit it in.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I haven't stopped eating anything I like, just less of it. I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't like pizza lol
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Worst post ever. Now I want all of these foods.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    - spoonful after spoonful of Reduced Fat Jiff peanut butter
    - Homemade fudge
    - Chicken and nuggets with fries and ketchup in huge quantities
    - Pizza AND cheesesticks in one meal
    - Funnel cakes
    - Deep fried anything and everything
    - Ice cream made with real cream
    - Gum that's not sugar free
    - Twix bars

For me, it's easier just not to eat them than it is to eat them in moderation. "Moderation" just makes me sad for not being able to eat with excess. If I don't ever start, then the craving eventually passes. Plus, milk makes my digestive system revolt, so I have to et dairy-free now. :(
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I miss a whole lot of foods bc of celiac and somewhat lactose intolerant. (I can tolerate small amounts of dairy)
    Deep dish pizza with all that crunchy grease on the bottom.
    mozzarella sticks
    Pasta in general
    regular soft gluten bread
    Twix bars
    fried chicken
    Krispy Kreme doughnuts
    generous amounts of cheese in general
    cookies/oreos
    pot pie's
    graham crackers
    mini wheats
    Carolina Treet BBQ sauce
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Everything that I miss, I miss because it has gluten and I can't eat it anymore thanks to celiac disease.

French baguettes
    Really good pizza
    Philadelphia pretzels
    Croissants
    A tomato cheese sandwich on a kaiser roll

Anything else that I really want, I just have when the mood strikes me.

I'm in a phase where I'm not good at moderating, so I don't keep stuff around. I plan a stuff my face event by banking calories and indulge then go on with my life.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i had a pb and fluff sandwhich for a snack, had a couple twix minis and other stuff. im in a deficit.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I get it op sometimes there are things you are not great at moderating or are just not worth trying to fit into your calories so you don't eat it as much as you wish you could
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Vodka
    Tequila
    Wine... Actually, part of the problem is that I haven't stopped "missing" them, and quantity matters. Then there's the snacking with the stuff.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Fried Chicken, Biscuits and Gravy, Tempura, Western Cinnamon Rolls, Foie Gras, French Fries, Tater Tots, Hash Browns, Philly Cheese Steak...