Strain? Hernia?

Options
I've been having symptoms of a possible hernia or strain of some type. I've been having this cramping feeling in my lower left abdomen, down to my pelvic area, tenderness to dull feeling in left testicle from time to time. But cramping feeling in my lower left abdomen mostly. But there is no swelling or any lump or bulge. When I do press on my abdomen or pelvic area I generate gas.

Prior to this while doing cardio I felt a stabbing feeling in my lower left abdomen, then the next day or two while lifting it left a little weird down there like pulling. While lifting I don't lift anything over 100lbs or 95lbs nothing heavy or strenuous. I also do lots of sit up preping for a power test

Any comments, advice, or has anybody experienced something like this?

Replies

• mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My husband had a hernia repair and he said thats how it felt then months later he got the bulge and went to the doc.
  • Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    If it is a hernia, getting it repaired earlier lessens recovery time.
  • hwilliams3475
    hwilliams3475 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just had Hernia surgery last week. Be very careful and get yourself looked at by a professional and discontinue exercising until you get it checked out. You do not want it strangulated and to hurt yourself more.... If you have any questions please feel free to contact me...
  • nsirrra25
    nsirrra25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you I appreciate your help and kindness. Hope you recover soon. God bless
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    See a doctor....
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Get it check out as soon as bro. Having a lingering/potential injury always sucks the fun out of working out.
  • nsirrra25
    nsirrra25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Your right I got an appointment next week
  • hwilliams3475
    hwilliams3475 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hope you will be alright. Please let me know what happens, There are different kinds of hernias and some are incarcerated, some strangulated.. I am currently off work so I dont know what you do for work. If I can help answer anything for you, please do not hesitate to ask.. Take care of yourself.:)