Lost weight on the scale but... I'm so squishy

Options
What an embarrassing title, but it's true. I've already lost nearly 30 pounds in three months. I didn't take any pictures of my body before I lost those pounds, but I KNOW that I've lost a lot of belly, especially. My clothes fit a lot better, some are even too big now. My pants keep falling off, I now need a belt. BUT, it still disappoints me whenever I sit down, or even stand up, that I still find my breasts still exist (I'm a male by the way), they're still soft and fat. My belly is still flabby, and when I take a shower especially, I can see all that jiggly fat on me! I wonder if I keep going, all that will disappear? Or will I always have SOME of it, regardless of how much I weigh? Need some feedback and motivation. Thanks. :)

Replies

• Amymth130
    Amymth130 Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Walking daily will tighten everything up, but it takes time. Try upper body exercises that don't require fancy equipment, except maybe 1 to 5 pound hand weights. Try carrying cans of food or books in a small backpack and walk, just around the house if you don't want to walk outside yet. Yoga, for beginners, to build strength and flexibility all over. When you are comfortable enough, a few sessions with a personal trainer at a gym might help.
  • octopusplum
    octopusplum Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Take some pictures so you can look back and see how far you've come.

Just keep exercising, do some body weight exercises if you feel up to it to help build up those muscles and as the previous poster said, think about taking some time top get a few sessions with a personal trainer when you're comfortable. They might be able to give you great tips that will work well for you.
  • Fatvaporizer
    Fatvaporizer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • octopusplum
    octopusplum Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Any time. :)
  • mfpjustme1977
    mfpjustme1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Firstly welldone...hats alot to loose in 3 months. I am in a similar situation lost 2 1/2 stone since aaugus. I guess that you check yourself out in a mirror everyday and sometimes feel better but not good ?

I would suggest having a word with a pt and get a regular plan to target the real problem aare.... would say he will give you lots of core work out or do a HIIT program....plenty of kettle bell work etc.

Main thing is to stay positive and remember its a long journey and do things that you like that oush you out of your comfort zone.

Keep smashing it
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You need to build muscle mass. Think about it, without sufficient muscle mass what do you expect to see under the fat? Get your pump on :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Alot of people have this problem--do a search for past threads. The advice is always the same, keep going and keep exercising---doing lifting will help. When you get close to goal or at your goal weight, reassess, maintaining for awhile and then you may need surgery. It all depends on how much weight you lose, your DNA (some people bounce back), and your age. As of now don't worry about it, it's normal and it's too soon to know how you'll come out. By the way, congratulations on your loss.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You need to build muscle- and lose more fat too.

Get into weight lifting!! It's the perfect thing for this! Eat lots of protein and lift weights!

You may still have lose skin in the end if you had a lot of weight to lose- but if you fill it up with muscle it will be less noticeable.

Check out the YouTube channels Obese to Beast, and Fat Meets Fire - they were both obese and now are body builders. Very inspiring. Also check out Mike Matthews on YouTube he has some good fitness, weightlifting, weight loss information.

Basically you want less fat, more muscle.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lift! I am a walking example of being "skinny fat", where I don't weigh much but just about every piece of my body was soft. So that doesn't just disappear :). I started lifting and trying to build muscle 3-4x a week and in combination with eating well to get fat off, already feeling things firm up a little after about 5 weeks. Hang in there and congrats on that loss
  • Fatvaporizer
    Fatvaporizer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Your body is in transition. If you have a lot more weight to lose, then you have a decent amount of fat still. If you're close to goal weight/within a healthy weight range, you need to work on body composition.