Hi there

My names Henry and I recently started using this app by suggestion of my therapist. A couple of months ago I felt that I needed to consider bariatric surgery. Over the past month I've taken actual strides towards this. The reason being I've done most of the diets and ultimately didn't have success, some at the fault of myself, some because life changes.

I'm excited to be using this app and hopefully making friends in the community. My initial consultation with a surgeon won't bebuntul January, so I'm going to be doing my best to see what I can do myself this time around and see if I can be successful myself or if surgery as a tool to continue bettering myself is the best option

Replies

• kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Welcome!

My boyfriend's mother had that surgery about two years ago and it has helped her tremendously!

I believe she was required to lose a certain amount of weight prior to the surgery. I want to say it was some where between 10-15 lbs. Since the surgery, she has lost close to 130 lbs. It has allowed her to develop a more healthy eating pattern as well as exercise routine.

Best of luck to you!
  • averythedragon
    averythedragon Posts: 3 Member
    Welcome!

My boyfriend's mother had that surgery about two years ago and it has helped her tremendously!

I believe she was required to lose a certain amount of weight prior to the surgery. I want to say it was some where between 10-15 lbs. Since the surgery, she has lost close to 130 lbs. It has allowed her to develop a more healthy eating pattern as well as exercise routine.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much and thank you for sharing her story. From what I've been reading and what I've heard from others that have done the surgery, it does sound like a minimum weight loss will be required, which is why I'm trying to start setting up a routine for me to work with and can update as needed if the doctor I speak with feels I'm a good candidate.

Until then, I'm looking forward to the start of bettering myself :smiley:
  • shawnamarie67
    shawnamarie67 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Henry.
    I'm in the process of getting the surgery. They say my date should be sometime in the 2-3 months. I have to show I can make changes to my eating habits first. So that's what I'm doing with this. I started last week and lost 5 pounds. That is remarkable because every other time I've tried it's been excruciatingly slow so I end up giving up. Hoping this all works out.
  • karawillzit
    karawillzit Posts: 1 Member
    Hi it's nice to meet you ... I'm Kara... I'm new to this as well. I'm hoping it will help me to lose 30 lbs.