Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

need help with salad dressing.

Oh Boy. I could eat salad all day long, but whats in my salad equals the amoutn of calories in the dressings alone. I ususally use wishbone italian dressing.
The salad i usually make has romaine lettuce, shrimp,avacado,tomato,colbyjack cheese. what would go good with that , but wont kill me on the cal/fat?
Thanks in Adavance!

Replies

• They have some 0 calorie 0 sugar dressing out on the market now. I don't know how healthy it really is for you, but it's there.
    http://waldenfarms.com/products/dressings.html
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    You use wishbone, so stay with that just use a light salad dressing. They still taste good and much better than the fat free. And, remember avacado has a lot of fat as well. And the Kraft fat free cheddar is really good too instead of the regular cheese.
  • LauriinSB
    LauriinSB Posts: 34 Member
    My favorite is Kens Steakhouse Lite Caesar. It's more like Italian than Caesar but really good
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    < 3 grams of sugar :-)
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    maybe lemon/lime juice, or a homemade cilantro/lime vinegarette?
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    There's loads of light dressings! I buy yogurt based Bolthouse Farms. It's delicioussss(:
    I have the honey mustard dressing and it's 45 cals per 2 tablespoons.
  • missdune
    missdune Posts: 24 Member
    Trader Joe's has a great variety of low-cal (example, 45 calories for 2T) that don't have that low-cal after taste :)
  • kris10e
    kris10e Posts: 2
    Kraft Free and Kraft Light dressings are usually very good. I like the "free" honey dijon (2T=50cals) and the "free" caesar italian (2T=25cals). Light zesty italian is good too (2T=25cals) and my very favorite is Light Three Cheese Ranch (2T=70cals). Hope you find some that you like :)
  • I really like the kens steak house raspberry wallnut vinegrette!
  • balsamic vinnaigrette goes well with most salads and isn't too high in calories. There's usually some good ones by where the bagged salads are.
  • If you have a Penzey's Spices near you, they have great salad dressing bases that you can tweak to your fat/calorie liking :-). They even come with recipes! I also have never had a Ken's Steakhouse lite that I didn't like.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    I make my own dressings always, so easy, tastier n u know what you are eating. I don't do no fat yadda yadda but if I feel I have to I will dilute it with some water if I feel this is absolutely necessary...

1 measure mustard, pinch salt, 0.5 measue red wine vinegar, olive oil and rapeseed oil mixed whisk to an emulsion, little chilli powder (or piment d'espellette if u can get it), whatever fresh herbs I fancy (or even just dried herbs de provence) and then put in some water if I feel the need.

You won't go back to e number city pre prepared sauces, enjoy.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    I make my own dressings always, so easy, tastier n u know what you are eating. I don't do no fat yadda yadda but if I feel I have to I will dilute it with some water if I feel this is absolutely necessary...

1 measure mustard, pinch salt, 0.5 measue red wine vinegar, olive oil and rapeseed oil mixed whisk to an emulsion, little chilli powder (or piment d'espellette if u can get it), whatever fresh herbs I fancy (or even just dried herbs de provence) and then put in some water if I feel the need.

You won't go back to e number city pre prepared sauces, enjoy.
  • This may sound weird, but I take 2 tbsp. of garlic hummus & add H20 to make it a consistency of a creamy dressing. I use it every night on my salad : ) You have to watch the sodium in the FF dressings - it is usually very high - that is why I quit using them.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    I like the spray on dressing made by wishbone.
  • I like to make my own dressing too, I just use less oil nowadays than I used to. Sometimes I do olive oil, dijon mustard and red wine vinegar, but most of the time I use balsamic vinegar. Yum.
  • comcatee
    comcatee Posts: 48 Member
    trader joe's fat free balsamic vinaigrette: 25 calories per 2 tbsp serving
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    maybe lemon/lime juice, or a homemade cilantro/lime vinegarette?

Salt, peper and fresh lemon juice is my favorite dressing, bar none (well ranch, but that's off the table...) - not sure how it would be with the cheese, but would compliment the shrimp!

that's what i was thinking! Between the shrimp and avocado, I think a fresh citrus vinegarette is delicious!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Newman's makes an awesome light balsamic vinaigrette: http://www.newmansown.com/product_detail.aspx?productid=10