Newbie - 5'0" with 60lbs to lose.... ADVISE, PLEASE!!!

Options
At my heaviest, I was 200 lbs. I am only 5'0". I managed to lose 14lbs in a year but have lost the motivation.
I am wanting to hear from people with similar weight loss goals as me to see how they did it. Any advise from ANYONE would be greatly appreciated. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• syreetahasting
    Options
    Welcome I'm pretty new to this also, but have noticed that the people on here are great.
  • syreetahasting
    Options
    feel frre to add me as a friend :happy:
  • hatrck69
    hatrck69 Posts: 10
    Options
    @ syreetahasting - thanks! as soon as i figure it out i sure will! :wink:
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    We're all here to help one another. Hang in there...you can do it and yes there are days you want to give up but that's what friends on here are for. We all know about stuggles or we wouldn't be here. I'm 5'2 so yeah, I don't carry my weight well either. My goal is around 130. Good luck on your journey!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am not new to weight loss, but I can share a little of my story. I am 5'3", and at one point before I got pregnant with my son I hit 200, I started losing weight and got down to 190 (then I got pregnant). After I had him, I was 194 and started my journey in Sept 2010, so far I have lost 47 lbs (still have 2 lbs to go before my pre-vacation weight). It is very doable. Slow and steady is the way to go. 1 -2 lbs/week. Stick with your calories, workout, and you will be fine. I have done 30 DS, Turbojam, and am currently doing Ripped in 30 and C25K. Anything is possible, remember that!!! I have gone from a size 18W/1X to 10/12 and Med shirts. I have so much energy now that I have lost 47 lbs. You can do it too!!!
  • HankFit247
    HankFit247 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome! Personally, I don't find other peoples success stories all that motivating. Their passion to make the change came from within. And not everyone either recognizes that or is a Great Story teller of those details.

Plus, in the end, your just sitting down, not really moving, which really isn't helping you towards your goal!

If your looking for motivation, I suggest this: ENGAGING and FREE!

Charlene Johnson, 30-Day Challenge
    To Master Organization and Achieve Your Goals
    http://www.30daypush.com
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I definitely know how it feels to be unmotivated! I moved in with my boyfriend in September and have since gained about 30lbs on top of the 20lbs of extra weight I already had. I joined back at the end of May and have been pretty good about logging in daily and tracking everything I eat and do and have lost 10lbs without really doing anything drastic. Friend me and I will do my best to help keep you motivated (having other people on here who keep reminding me to keep going has helped a tonne!). For starters I would definitely just start by trying to hit your daily "targets" and adding a 20minute walk in where ever you can during your day. I was pretty surprised how I lost weight without doing much.
  • akgerweck
    akgerweck Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm new myself, so I don't have a lot of advice for you except keep looking for people you feel comfortable asking for support from.

I'm 5'0" as well and I have 30 lbs minimum to lose just to get into the healthy range for our height. Feel free to add me as a friend and maybe we can keep each other on the right track. :tongue:
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, I was 200 lbs. I am only 5'0". I managed to lose 14lbs in a year but have lost the motivation.
    I am wanting to hear from people with similar weight loss goals as me to see how they did it. Any advise from ANYONE would be greatly appreciated. Good luck everyone!

I'm pushing to lose 60 myself... Advise...
    1. Add/request friends they will be your biggest helper.
    2. Retrain the way you think (cliche I know)
    3. Post your thoughts and get feedback
    4. Keep moving don't let anything or anyone distract you (I'm still struggling with this myself)

I've lost about a good 5 pounds so far. I pushing for more. :wink: I've stopped and restarted so many times. I want this to be the final time because hitting the 200 marker for me was like....nothing I could personally describe for more myself. Add me and we can do this together.
  • mrschi
    mrschi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

So glad to hear you will be getting healthy here with the rest of us!! Do you have a smartphone that you can get the myfitnesspal app for? It is the best toll you will find to aid you in yoiur journey!!
    The most important piece of advice that I have gotten is to "wisdom is doing now what you will be satisfied with later."