I hurt myself! :(

Options
I dunno what I did, but during a TurboFire HIIT workout this morning I pulled something. The pain is in my butt, which I didn't know was possible. It's on the whole right side of my butt cheek & I can feel it slightly in my leg too. What the eff did I pull? Is it my hip? Ugh. It hurts && I'm irritated that I won't be able to work out for a couple days. :frown:

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You could have pulled a glute muscle and perhaps your hamstring. Take a break for a couple of days...
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You could have pulled a glute muscle and perhaps your hamstring. Take a break for a couple of days...

This. Please be careful and take your time coming back. Those muscles take a little while to heal are notorious for getting re-injured because people try to rush back too soon.

**EDIT - spelling mistakes
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have had that and I can't tell you what it was, but I do know it hurts SOOO bad! Hope you feel better VERY soon! Just take it very easy!!
  • LHSHokie
    LHSHokie Posts: 18
    Options
    I was going to say "glute" as well ... and, unfortunately, the only way for it to heal is to rest it.
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Would it be safe for me to walk instead? Or should I just not do anything for a few days?
  • kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Would it be safe for me to walk instead? Or should I just not do anything for a few days?

You would prolly heal faster if you completely rested but if you wanted to walk I don't see how that could hurt as long as it wasn't the day after you hurt yourself.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You can walk - but if you feel pain, you need to just rest it. You can try icing it occasionally and taking a couple anti-inflammatories. I don't mean to upset you - but mine took almost 2 weeks to heal... then again it was a strained hamstring (not just muscle soreness/fatigue).

Good luck!

**EDIT - clarify
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options

You would prolly heal faster if you completely rested but if you wanted to walk I don't see how that could hurt as long as it wasn't the day after you hurt yourself.

if you do walk, don't force it - if it's painful, don't do it. if walking is bearable, then still don't push too hard. you definitely don't want a small injury (if it is one) to become a larger one due to impatience ;)