5000 sodium in one tiny biscuit?

Options
felly07
felly07 Posts: 43 Member
I have just entered Asda free from gluten Scicilian lemon biscuits and the sodium has come up as 5000? How is this possible? What is the sodium measured in? How can there be more sodium in a 93 kcal, 2.5" biscuit than in 6 Big Macs? Someone help me make some sense of this please!

Replies

• TomAJeffs
    TomAJeffs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Methinks somebody made a mistake when entering the food into the database.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That's has to be 500 or 50, it might be an issue with how different labels measure sodium, some in grams, some in milligrams. Huuuge difference. Somebody might have made a mistake in entering it into the database.
  • Ourjobasparents
    Ourjobasparents Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree, there has to be a mistake. Have you checked the back of the package for the accurate readings? You can log the correct information on here so it doesn't happen to anyone else.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Double check the label
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/products/printpage.jsp?skuId=910000397262&pageConfigurationId=10000003&referrer=cookiesDetecting

Someone entered it wrong, but I don't know the portion so I can't fix it. :P
    or do you still have the wrapper?
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that is a type and they meant 500. Can you look at the nutrition facts on the actual package? If so, go ahead and correct it on MFP.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    .05g per cookie :P
    I already fixed it.. haha
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You might look to see if there's another entry with the correct sodium that you can use. Or, better yet, if you have the wrapper, find the one you used and correct the sodium so the same thing doesn't happen to others.
  • felly07
    felly07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys! I crapped myself then. I still have the label and I will edit it. I am pretty good at cooking my meals from scratch so I stay well under sodium usually, that was scary!