cant get friends feel so alone

Options
Mrswebb03
Mrswebb03 Posts: 8 Member
edited October 2016 in Getting Started
Hi my name is chrissy im 28 years old and I have been trying to lose weight sense September 29,2014 I was 212 and now im 207.6 . Im so mad at myself I cant seem to commit to anything to help myself lose weight. I feel so alone and have no support other then my husband and kids this so sucks doing this all alone. I had to get my mental health better before I could focus on weight loss. Im taking wellbutrin so not much of a appetite .

Replies

• JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling! I moved in 2014 and left my gym buddy behind, and have been having to hit the weights alone for the last 2 years because making friends is so different in adulthood (at least that's how it felt), or the friends I do have just aren't fitness oriented. I recommend hiring a trainer that runs group sessions. I've made new friends that try to meet up with me for workouts during the week now. You're welcome to add me on here. I'm honestly not very active in the news feeds, but my diary is open to help with food choices.
  • Mrswebb03
    Options
    Thanks I had to get my mental health better before I could fully focus on weight now im better on mt depression meds I can do weight and im sure ill hit my goals.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I just added you.

At least your husband and kids are supportive- some of us don't even have that. I'm doing this pretty much on my own.

But the commitment to weight loss (and maintenance) needs to come from within. Only YOU are responsible for you. Others can inspire you, that's where having a sense of community through myfitnesspal is helpful, but only you can control what goes on your plate and into your mouth.

It helps to have the right knowledge and tools, which luckily you have because you've got myfitnesspal - just make sure to set a reasonable goal weight and not too aggressive a weight loss rate. The people who set their calories low and try to lose as fast as possible never last long and hardly ever make it to their goal... be consistent and go slow.

Good luck!

That's true too. My wife was really an enabler for my bad decisions for awhile (not intentionally she just wanted me happy) when I was alone I'd be doing great, and when she was around I would slack off, but now she helps prep my meals, spots me on lifts occasionally, or gives me company at the park when I run. She even plans to start her own journey in the next 2 weeks.
  • Mrswebb03
    Options
    Oh yes I know it all is on me that is why I brought out all my excercise stuff and I have goals set all over my house to keep me motivated to do it. I wont fail this time.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    JoshD8705 wrote: »
    I just added you.

At least your husband and kids are supportive- some of us don't even have that. I'm doing this pretty much on my own.

But the commitment to weight loss (and maintenance) needs to come from within. Only YOU are responsible for you. Others can inspire you, that's where having a sense of community through myfitnesspal is helpful, but only you can control what goes on your plate and into your mouth.

It helps to have the right knowledge and tools, which luckily you have because you've got myfitnesspal - just make sure to set a reasonable goal weight and not too aggressive a weight loss rate. The people who set their calories low and try to lose as fast as possible never last long and hardly ever make it to their goal... be consistent and go slow.

Good luck!

That's true too. My wife was really an enabler for my bad decisions for awhile (not intentionally she just wanted me happy) when I was alone I'd be doing great, and when she was around I would slack off, but now she helps prep my meals, spots me on lifts occasionally, or gives me company at the park when I run. She even plans to start her own journey in the next 2 weeks.

That's awesome!!
  • luvmylife2016
    luvmylife2016 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for buddies to share support and motivation with feel free to add me :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Oh yes I know it all is on me that is why I brought out all my excercise stuff and I have goals set all over my house to keep me motivated to do it. I wont fail this time.

Hey Chrissy! You are not alone. You're HERE on the most awesome online support site for health and weight loss. You made the first step by joining and you are at the beginning of an amazing journey to better health. I'm sending you a friend request.

Just a couple suggestions that will help encourage you.

Read the Success Stories thread. Look at all the great pics of people who were just were you are. See how far they've come.

Look for some groups to join. Lots of great support groups with new friends who have similar goals.

When you're ready, join some fitness challenge groups. SO FUN! You will be wanting to do exercise to meet team goals. People of all shapes, sizes, weights and ages belong. No requirement to be super fit. That's the end game.

Send out random friend requests. Some people will accept and you probably won't even notice when others don't. You can find new people on your newsfeed who are friends of friends.

Good luck on your journey! Make it fun!
  • Mrswebb03
    Options
    Thanks everyone for support
  • jaysfan1
    jaysfan1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for a chat :)
  • mlder2016
    mlder2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if your looking for support
  • srlekhak
    srlekhak Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is chrissy im 28 years old and I have been trying to lose weight sense September 29,2014 I was 212 and now im 207.6 . Im so mad at myself I cant seem to commit to anything to help myself lose weight. I feel so alone and have no support other then my husband and kids this so sucks doing this all alone. I had to get my mental health better before I could focus on weight loss. Im taking wellbutrin so not much of a appetite .

I can so relate to you. I am on the same boat. I keep trying to lose weight and each time I just quit. To be very honest I was thinking I probably don't love myself enough. I have friends but they don't really relate to weight loss the way I do. I have been overweight for almost 15 years now. After putting it off for 2 months I stepped on the scale today and found that I had gained almost all the weight I had lost in the last sprint. But I am glad I did it today and did not put it off further. 10 weeks to new year and I hope we all step into 2017 healthier. My current weight is 170 and my goal weight is 130. Adding you as friend.
    Feel free to add me.
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    here is a very active group if you are interested. weekly weigh ins and about 8 activities weekly but you do not need to do all.
  • sisisisepuede
    sisisisepuede Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    enu7hxshsubm.jpg

Welcome to being human! I definitely hear you-- it took me 8 years to lose 30 pounds, but looking back, I actually did it...quit so many times and picked it back up so many times, but I'm grateful today for the choices I made yesterday...and years ago.

Sometimes it helps to post a motivational quote or mantra that you'll see every day. I know it's cheesy, but it works! I also put some of my favorite motivational quotes in my phone as "meetings" - that way, they pop up and tell me things like: "If you want something you've never had, you have to do things you've never done"....Feel free to add me-- you've already got loads of support :):)
  • shaazftw
    shaazftw Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just added you! Hopefully we can keep each other motivated! :)
  • Mrswebb03
    Options
    We sure can
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I gained weight as I battled depression too. Accomplishing small goals helps to combat it. Exercise which releases endorphins is the best antidote, even just a short walk. You can do this & MFP is really helpful offering lots of support
  • Mrswebb03
    Options
    Thanks I sure hope so .
  • Puppy_love_81
    Puppy_love_81 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mrs webb03 do you do any walking? Have you ever tried Zumba?
  • Mrswebb03
    Options
    Yes I do walking and zumba