Michelle's 1,500 calorie lunch

Options
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/now_at_nine/first-lady-michelle-obama’s-high-calorie-lunch-raises-eyebrows

OK, she must work out daily cuz she looks fantastic, so what's one fast food lunch here and there? :drinker:

Replies

• MereRae
    MereRae Posts: 39
    Options
    I saw this earlier today and wondered is this really news worthy?? So what she ate a cheeseburger!?! I am actually glad to know she is human and likes to indulge every now and again:)
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I understand why people are having a fit about it,because of her push for health and all,but it was one meal. If she started making it a habit,then it'd be news worthy,but one meal..Big Deal!
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    OMG! There's a Shake Shack in DC?!?!? :noway:
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I'm not even a fan of the Obamas, but I think it's a little ridiculous that people care so much. This is news? :P
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Right! Big deal! If she ate that every day, then people can talk. Nothing wrong with a burger & fries now and then! :tongue: You may feel like crap after; but, it sure tastes good going down! :bigsmile:
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/now_at_nine/first-lady-michelle-obama’s-high-calorie-lunch-raises-eyebrows

OK, she must work out daily cuz she looks fantastic, so what's one fast food lunch here and there? :drinker:

I've heard she does P90X. She looks great so I'd bet that she works out daily. She's obviously not eating this stuff everyday. People need to relax! No one is perfect.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't anyone talk about the good examples she sets 99.9% of the time?
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    This isn't news worthy.

Just because we or someone condemn McDonalds and the like, doesn't mean we don't go to those establishments every once in a blue moon.

Candy is bad. There I said it. And kids should stay away from candy. There I said that too. ---- Now if I have a piece of candy every once in a while am I being a complete hypocrite and making myself look bad? I hope not.

(Not a fan of the Obamas just trying to illustrate the idiocy of this "news" story)
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    THIS IS SO NOT NEWSWORTHY!!!!!!! I think people and the media need to chill out! So what if she had a burger, fries and a shake...I do it from time to time and I haven't died yet. Even though her big thing is childhood obesity, it boils down to the parents and frankly, I don't think it's any of the government or medias business anyway!!!!!! It's also not our business if she eats a burger! She obviously leads a healthy lifestyle so indulging from time to time is fine. I'm not an Obama fan either but what they eat is none of my business!
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Geeeze! New reporters are so harsh! Just b/c she ate a cheeseburger for lunch ONE day doesn't mean she eats unhealthily! Who knows what she ate the rest of the day! I almost feel like she is setting a good example by showing that it is OK to indulge once in awhile!
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Too bad she didn't have a couple of beers too!

Really, who cares?
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Too bad she didn't have a couple of beers too!

Really, who cares?

Aye to that!!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I, too, hate when people give their nothing but crap and let them become 200lbs at 9 years old, but there is NOTHING wrong with eating not so healthy once in a while. I'm sure isn't a daily habit for her.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I do hate that her husband smokes. I find that a bit hypocritical.
  • ehs5mw
    ehs5mw Posts: 65
    Options
    I ate there a couple weeks ago when I was in D.C. I just had one burger and water, but everyone needs a cheat meal now and then.
  • takemeaway10
    Options
    Hmmm, I was thinking this is quite American of her! CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!!
  • purplecait1212
    Options
    I agree that this is SO silly to be making a big deal out of! Her platform is that people should not eat that kind of food for every meal, which sadly some parents feed their kids fast foot at each meal. I don't see the harm in giving a new local business a boost with her first lady status! Go Michelle!!!!