Anyone else drink too much and trying to lose weight?

Options
I have been needing to lose weight for at least 7 years. I wanted to just be thin again, now I just want to be normal heavy weight and not getting out of control! Is anyone also trying to go sober at the same time? If so, let's be friends!

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I drink/drank too much. I quit drinking for approximately three months at the beginning of the year and most recently about a week and a half ago. During those first three months I dropped an average of 10 pounds per month . I've been stagnating for the last few months and decided drinking needs to go again. For me, it is a deterrent and makes very difficult to stick to a plan. For those of us who may be perceived as having a drinking problem, it can be very difficult, but it's also possible. Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • Shaveraj81
    Shaveraj81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate. I try to avoid alcohol but it seems to be everywhere. And its been one of my biggest downfalls with weight loss.
  • octopusplum
    octopusplum Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like to drink, I just do it in moderation. Never before a workout though, or rather, never again. I can't really push myself, even if it was one cocktail hours earlier. It just saps my motivation.
  • mgeshwilm
    mgeshwilm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi: I don't drink as much as I used to, but I'm trying to lose weight without having to give up my wine in the evening. I say 2 glasses, but they are BIG glasses. I try to save the calories from something else, but it also affects my willpower in the evening to snack.
  • Shayla11
    Shayla11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I attribute my excessive weight to drinking alcohol... both the empty calories and the bad food choices- very bad.
    I drink fizzy water between each drink and try really hard to limit drinks. I log the alcohol calories before I go out so it is really clear how much damage I am doing. It's hard. Hang in there.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I cut out drinking during the week for the most part and that helped quite a bit.