Scale.. Right Weight?

Options
Ok so all this talk about scales and if they say you weigh the right amount yadda yadda yadda... has made me concerned that either a. I weigh more then it says or b. I weigh less then it says
so how do I make sure my scale is right? And I saw the dumbell idea but infortunately I have no dumb bells and I can not think of something else I would know the pounds on! Any ideas?
Thanks Guys!

Replies

• KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    Ok so all this talk about scales and if they say you weigh the right amount yadda yadda yadda... has made me concerned that either a. I weigh more then it says or b. I weigh less then it says
    so how do I make sure my scale is right? And I saw the dumbell idea but infortunately I have no dumb bells and I can not think of something else I would know the pounds on! Any ideas?
    Thanks Guys!
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My scale in my bathroom would not change weight when I picked up my puppy (who only weighs about 2 pounds) but that showed me it was not working properly, so now I just weigh using WII Fit board and it is more exact.
  • meganlorraine
    Options
    Try using a regular household item... for instance a gallon of skim milk should weigh about 8.5 pounds.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    my scale apparently sucks and doesn't weigh anything less then like 15 lbs.. thanks though! Maybe Ill go to a store and test them tommorrow so that I really know!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Pound of flour.......potatoes.......something from the store that has the weight on it.....in pounds...cat food, cat litter........

Let me know what you come up with....

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!