Help! The Snack Attack Monster

Options
Generally when I am feeling snacky I grab some baby carrots...but they just aren't doing it for me anymore?

I am about to go grocery shopping, can anybody recommend some really quick snack-like foods for when I start to get hungry but don't have time to make a meal or don't want all the calories of a meal yet? :)

Replies

• momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    almonds, banana and Kashi granola bars are my go to snack foods :)
  • jle78
    jle78 Posts: 7
    Options
    I've just discovered Ryvita sesame which are really nice on their own, and 34cals each.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    We keep grapes in the house for just such an occasion.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    1 Tablespoon of reduce fat crunchy jif :-)

Always hits the spot
  • altitudedistract
    Options
    Wasa crackers with hummus. I prefer the whole wheat ones, or cripsbreads
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    grapes
    apples
    reduced fat/sugar free jello pudding
    bananas
    Oiko's Caramel Greek yogurt
    100 calorie snack packs of popcorn, pretzels
    chester's Puffcorn. 3 cups is only like 160 cals I think
  • comcatee
    comcatee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    any veggies (carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, broccoli, etc) with some hummus
    fruit (one apple or banana, or berries)
    i also like 100 cal snack packs of things: cranberries/dried fruit, pretzels, snack mix, etc.
    those athenos greek yogurt with fruit (100 cal each)
  • jamesrocks
    Options
    I work in a restaurant and the Snack Attack Monster always comes calling during my shift...I take a "sweet" and a "salty" snack to work with me every day...a 100 calorie chocolate Jello pudding cup, for example and a small bag of chips or a 100 calorie tub of pringles...keeps me from cheating and the portion control helps me too...
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers mozzarella cheese stick with
    kroger brand wheat thins 17 of them are like 140 calories
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Pea Pods - they're crunchy, sweet, and filling. Hummus with celery. Peanut butter with apple.......or anything!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    I have a stash of kellogs fiber bars and 100 calorie snack packs for those "hurry up and eat something yummy before I do something stupid" moments.
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    String cheese (Weight Watchers Smoked is really good), almonds, 100 calorie cookies or Kudos granola bars ( for when I need something sweet), Fruit, Celery sticks, Bell Pepper strips. The Special K strawberry fruit crisps are also really good if you want something sweet.
  • april41981
    april41981 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I get these awesome rice crackers from costco and eat them with 1 wedge of light laughing cow cheese. Yum.
  • mrsclc
    mrsclc Posts: 73
    Options
    Celery sticks with peanut butter! Mmmmm!!!! :happy:
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Check out Emerald Cocoa Almonds, nutritious, healthy and just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth at least.
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Natural Peanut Butter
    Gala or Fuji apples ( the BEST )

Natural Trail Mis - buy almonds, peanuts, pistachios, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, dried fruit, lowfat granola, yogurt covered raisins, and pretzels ( all these with no salt ) and make yourself a natural trail mix - terrific for snack attacks!

Grapes are a fav ( and frozen too - YUM)

Cucumbers ( you can do so much with these )

Hard boil some eggs too - these work everytime for me and what I eat before I go grocery shopping or before I start to cook a big meal so I am not tempted.

Hope that helps
  • dez_yaoichan
    dez_yaoichan Posts: 454
    Options
    I like to eat sliced tomatos with a blasamic dressing (or if im in the mood for something spicey i'll eat them with newmans own southwest dressing)

thin crisps with a light cream cheese are always yummy, add some black olives on top and perfect!
  • carintoby
    carintoby Posts: 21
    Options
    New snack I just found is Keebler Fudge Grahams, 100 calorie Right Bites. MMMM MMMMM Good!