New Here - any other Figure Competitors?

Options
Joined a few weeks ago and I love this site! Its really inspiring :)

Back in Nov. 2010 I started working toward my goal to compete as a figure competitor. I ended up placing 3rd in my first show (may 21, 2011).

Currently I am in "off season" mode and looking to gain more muscle mass and compete again next year in April.

5'2"
My weight before I started training hard ~108
Competition weight ~100
My current weight ~120

Cheers everyone :)

Replies

• MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    No but I'm a fitness/bikini photographer based in St.Louis and San Antonio. You look amazing, you remind me of Jamie Eason :smile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    No, but you look great!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    No, but I wanna add you anyways because you are going to be a great motivator. :)
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Not a figure competitor.....The only competition I participated was reaching my goal weight and now that I did I think I got the first place.:-) You've done a great job ,,,congratulation..... :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amandaking0420
    Options
    No but I'm a fitness/bikini photographer based in St.Louis and San Antonio. You look amazing, you remind me of Jamie Eason :smile:

Wow, thank you :smile:
  • amandaking0420
    Options
    No, but you look great!

• amandaking0420
    Options
    No, but I wanna add you anyways because you are going to be a great motivator. :)

sure, I know how hard it is. When I was down to my last few weeks of my competition I really tried to surround myself with a good support group. It gets so hard towards the last few weeks, I wanted to quit a few times. But my trainer was really a great motivator for me :smile:
  • amandaking0420
    Options
    Not a figure competitor.....The only competition I participated was reaching my goal weight and now that I did I think I got the first place.:-) You've done a great job ,,,congratulation..... :-)

3574379.png

That is awesome! In my mind I came in first also, the place I got didnt matter to me. It was the fact that I did it and I got up on stage and just did it!

When I compete again next year, Im competing against myself. I want to make sure that when I get back up on the stage I looked better then I did last time. Im going to spend the next few months trying to do that
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that you will... :-) Knowing your body is the best knowledge of the eternal life.... :-)

3574379.png
  • rdy2sculpt
    Options
    okay, I am competing in May in Bikini and Figure. I am 46 years old and new to the site. I don't see anyone's pics and I don't know why.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! :)
    I could never been seen in a bikini, I envy you! :flowerforyou:
  • ashlibbie
    Options
    I just did my first competition in November and Im doing my next one March 31st
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I just had to pop in here and say WOW girl you work hard for that body! Congrats on your accomplishments and good luck reaching your new goals for next year. :-)
  • cocoa_cutie513
    cocoa_cutie513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hope no one minds me bumping this thread. My goal is to compete in a figure comp. First things first is to find and set a date.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Bumping this thread for the same reason! I'm currently training to lose weight, but my goal is to compete. I think my body will lend itself well to figure, but I have yet to see. It's a long ways away, but I'm loving my nutrition plan and my trainer! Already seeing results (not necessarily on the scale) and I'm feeling more healthy than ever. Would LOVE friends on here who want to compete or have competed before!! Thanks, girls!