boyfriend gets sweet tooth when i start diet!

Options
Hi folks!

Just on for a bit of a rant really.

I know my boyf can eat whatever he wants but........as soon as i start a healthy eating regime he suddenly gets the 'urge' to eat lots and lots of things that i am now trying to avoid! Has anyone else had this problem? He came in late tonight with a bag of chip shop chips, in a roll, with metled cheese on top. Last night was in search of cheesecake - tonight its apple pie.

i mean - THROW ME A FRICKEN BONE!!!!!! Lol.

I know if i keep to my calories i will see results and start to feel good, but i have 250cals left today and he is making me feel bad for whatever i put in my mouth because he is 'trying to help me'.. ARGH!!!!!

That is all :grumble:

Replies

• dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, my bf is exactly the same ... except worse. He likes to really rub it in, and that is what I find annoying.

My bf is as skinny as a rake and can eat as much as he likes without putting on any weight.

Not fair :-/
  • hkrosez
    hkrosez Posts: 53
    Options
    I have the same thing happening with my husband, but it is not on purpose. He is in full support of me working on my body (because really -- it benefits him in the end as well ;) )

Anyway, if it is that big of a deal, tell him to eat elsewhere -- alone somewhere where you can't watch him.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too a few months ago with my husband when I started being healthier. All he wanted to eat was crap; fast food, cookies, cake, etc. But I fixed it easily. I make all the money, I buy what he eats. :)
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Yea... I don't have the luxury of eating anything I want. Sad :(
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    it will catch up to them. you just have to be strong!!!! My husband is the same way, he doesn't eat ALLLL day long and then eats all night and of course i want all of it.... ugh! I get it!
  • lgwhizz
    lgwhizz Posts: 65
    Options
    Tell me about it - mine is exact same, can eat like a horse and his belly is tiny!!!!

No wonder i put on weight when we moved in together! ha ha.

Tonight i got in trouble coz i hadnt gone for a walk or done my exercise dvd.......BITE ME! ha.
  • Hicksbc
    Hicksbc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is very frustrating and can be a stumbling block for you in you reaching your goals. You have to be a team, together you need to look out for one another. I have always been the health nut in my relationships so idk from a guys point of view
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, my hubby loves to eat fast food and sodas....but more so when I'm hungry at nights he'll eat a nice big bowl of cereal, ice cream, or something tasty like chocolate. Last night he made cinnamon rolls with icing and ate like 4 of those...they looked soo good but I was sad about not eating one :( He supports my dieting but it doesnt help that he always eats like that around me. Just gotta take the high road :drinker:
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend was the same way... he tried being supportive but he can eat anything without gaining weight. He was eating fast food every day and not exercising, just sitting around and playing video games. I got fed up (with his habits among other things) and we broke up. We recently got back together and guess what? He is going to the gym every day with a commitment to build muscle and get bigger, plus he's eating things like grilled chicken, beans, protein shakes, etc.!!!! Things I NEVER thought I would see touch his lips. It sucked not having his support before but now it's awesome. I think the break up really triggered things for him. Not saying you should break up with bf, but talk to him honestly about it. It took me multiple times saying something before my bf got the hint to not eat candy and cookies in front of me.
  • satimmons
    satimmons Posts: 9
    Options
    I feel your pain. When I start a diet, my husband decides to starts cooking all these wonderful meals and gets mad when I don't eat up. My only recommendation is to come up a specific plan to deal with issues such as this, because if it isn't your bf, it will be someone or something else. For example, try a small taste to satisfy you craving. If you think this will sabotage diet efforts, pick out some pictures of what you want to look like to get you through the tough moments. Eat a piece of sugar free chewing gum. If all else fails, kick his butt outside until he's done. :laugh: