Looking to start a new group...

Options
Hi. I am looking to start a new group. I just turned forty am married and a mom of two beautiful girls 10 and 8 1/2. I just graduated nursing school where I sat, studied, ate and gained weight. I am definitely a stress eater. Now that most of the stress is gone, I am looking to lose 15-20 lbs. My cholesterol is on the high side and I am ready to get healthy with the added benefit to get into my skinny jeans. I am looking to share and receive motivation and encouragement. Anyone with me?????? :smile:

Loraine

Replies

• chickadee23
    Options
    I would like to be in your group.
    Stats:
    current weight: 158 lbs
    Goal weight: 135 lbs
    Height : 5'2

I am training for a half marathon on the labor day weekend and I haven't been able to get the scale to budge. I just lowered my goal calories per day to see if that helps. What are your goals?
  • Imtherunner
    Imtherunner Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im about to plateau..... I could use some motivation
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I would like to join, I am an over the road truck driver so I am not on everyday but I could use the help.

I am currently about 180 I ( I only get to weigh myself every 2 weeks when I get to go home)
    current goal is about 150 - once I get closer I will adjust depending on how I look and feel
    height 5'8 ish
    age 32

I am engaged to a wonderful (skinny) man who loves me the way I am but I tell him I am doin this for myself not to look better to him
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Loraine - I'm in!!! Thanks for offering to start a group! I'll be 41 in a few weeks and I also have 2 boys 10 and 8. I joined MFP about 2 weeks ago and I LOVE IT!!

Will our group have a name??? :flowerforyou:
  • crimiller
    crimiller Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about joining a new group, so this is perfect. I have just started on MFP, and I am looking for motivators!

What time of group are we thinking?
  • TinaA72
    TinaA72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you're group. I am 38 and just had my first child in February, a girl. I am about to complete my Associates degree in Sociology in May 2012 and will then pursue my Bachelors in Sociology in August 2012. I have only been on MFP for a month and have already lost 5 lbs. Anyway, I would love to join you're group. I still would like to lose another 10 lbs which would put me at 125 which is a good weight for me at 5'2. I also, like you, have high cholesterol, on top of having high blood pressure since my seventh month of pregnancy. So.. I could use all the encouragement I can get.
  • trustyone
    trustyone Posts: 11
    Options
    I would like to join. I am a teacher and have been off for the summer. I am still exercising but my eating is way out of control so I could use some motivation as well as give it. I am 48 with a daughter who will be a senior this year.
  • tsmith6569
    tsmith6569 Posts: 63
    Options
    I would love to join. I am 46, 5'4" mother of 2 grown sons and could use the motivation and accountability!

Starting weight: 154
    Current weight: 132
    Goal weight: 129 (lower if possible!)
  • chickadee23
    Options
    I looked at some of the other groups to get some ideas to get us started. My plan isn't to hijack Loraine's group, just some ideas to get us started....
    1) timeline - now to November 1st
    2) goal - lose weight with help from each other and have fun
    3) plan - divide into two teams. Loraine can lead one and someone can lead team two. Each week, the teams weigh in, pick a day that works for everyone. Add the totals and the team who lost the most gets to pick an activity for the week for everyone to do to assist them in their weight loss goals. It is similar to another group but they are making the losers post pics too. This way we have support and accountability. I know I need accountabilty and a date to aim for. Let me know what you think.
  • ValerieJDM
    ValerieJDM Posts: 11
    Options
    I would love to join. I'm 39, have 3 kids, 2 step kids ( who are all wonderful ) and the most amazing fiance. I am a educational assistant so I don't work during the summer. I've just started using MFP and love it but was looking for a group to join.

We could do a fit by fall or something like that with an end date. We could also create a new ticker for that group.

CW 150
    GW 135

Looking forward to it!

Valérie

9213635.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • crimiller
    crimiller Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    chickadee,

That idea sounds great! Let's do this!
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in joining you! I am back with MFP today. Seriously looking at losing the next 20 pounds but quicker this time!