Coming unhinged

Options
13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Full disclosure I do have 3 children from a previous marriage. But my baby is 11 and it's just not cool to hang with your mom anymore.

Gratitude is the key to happiness. You have 3 children. Some people don't have any. :/

Some people don't have a lot. That's neither my problem nor my question. I was asking how people cope with their lows without derailing their progress.

I can change my state via exercise. Some forms work better than others. Are you walking in nature? http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/07/22/how-nature-changes-the-brain/?_r=0

I also think it's good to reevaluate goals periodically. Why not adopt? My fiance was adopted. I've observed how he's been a blessing to his now elderly adoptive parents. I love him all the more for the compassion and kindness he's shown during their twilight years, and in his father's case, death.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I will second the yoga suggestion. I am VERY Type A and all of my workouts are VERY active, so doing something like yoga, which is slower (or CAN be) tends to be VERY hard for me to do. I find myself thinking more in the terms of burning calories and then start thinking I should be doing something more intense. But I've been having health issues lately and have started making myself do yoga every afternoon after work, even if it is just 20 minutes, and it REALLY helps.

Also, have you looked at any of the adult coloring books? I find that doing that for awhile helps reset my mind, AND it keeps my hands busy.

I wish you and your husband all the best.
  • SerendipityBlues
    SerendipityBlues Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    with exercise and marijuana...excessive amounts of both.

You are my kind of person! Let's be friends.
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hello. If you looking to talk feel free to add me. I am sure there is something that you like to do that makes you happy. Retail therapy ? Reading?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like violent exercise when I am upset - punching and kicking instead of reaching for the chocolate and chips.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options