Once again

Options
I'm doing the dieting thing, for the gazzillionth time. I'm 70 lbs overweight and I need to get rid of at least some of it. My exercise was compromised by a series of respiratory viral infections January through May and I'm trying to get myself motivated again. The lung issues are from smoking for years and the weight is from quitting smoking about 21 years ago. So here I am not young, sedentary job and I love to cook and eat. Sigh. :grumble:

Replies

• netsirk419
    netsirk419 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can do it! And signing up for MFP is a great start. Put those cooking skills to good use and create some healthy options. Good Luck!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to make it a gazzillionth + infinity times.... then approach this as a lifestyle change and NOT a diet. Make small changes in your daily routine and eating habits. You can do this if you take it one day at a time and don't try to overwhelm yourself by cutting out everything you love and eating too few calories.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    You can do it....a positive attitude is a MUST...and the support you get on this site is AWESOME!!! Keep picturing yourself at your goal weight.....and remember your reasons for wanting to reach that goal!!!
    You can do it!!! You are SOOo worth it!!!
  • abeachlady
    abeachlady Posts: 88
    Options
    You can do it. MFP is a great start. I also love to cook. It's now fun trying new, healthy, low cal recipes.
  • greylady3
    greylady3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all. I decided to start this while I have a week off and with a medical exam. Almost all my medical issues can be resolved by losing weight except the COPD and thyroid. So, I'm going in the fray again. I appreciate the support.
  • purple2008
    Options
    New here
  • greylady3
    greylady3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, me too. Hoping this will work for me. I like the layout. Not so complex as some of the other sites I've tried. Doesn't take me half the day to record my meals. Very user friendly, I think.
    :happy: