Starting over - 5 stones + to lose. Friends needed

Options
Hi all,
I am 39 years old and live in Cornwall. It's my big 4-0 next year and I have a big road trip booked to the USA.
I desperately need to lose 5+ stone and would welcome any new friends to help motivate and support me :)
Please do send me a friend request or leave your details below, would be so grateful :)

Replies

• sazcrom
    sazcrom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hiya... I have 5 to 7 stone to lose and am finally there mentally to try again. Live in Sussex!!
  • Samjbooksy
    Samjbooksy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am also from the Uk and want to lose about 5 stone! :-)
  • juliem73uk
    juliem73uk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Julie from Yorkshire. I am new to MFP and have over 7 stone to loose. I would love friends on here to help and motivate each other. Please add me. Let's do this
  • p0sitiv3_vib3s
    p0sitiv3_vib3s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi I started with a goal of 5st I've lost 1.8 so far I will send u a request :)
  • sazcrom
    Options
    hmgetwalw wrote: »

How have you lost the weight anything in particular?? That is really good!!
  • grantanderson0663
    Options
    Hi. You can add me as a friend if you wish. Grantanderson0663
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've lost 98lbs through good diet and fitness, now maintaining. Looking for likeminded healthy friends to connect with.
    Add away MFP family xx
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/foxyfin
  • sazcrom
    Options
    @CornishLass77 how are you doing this week??
    I am happy to have completed my first week logging all food. Also to have stopped snacking on crisps and choc.

It is tough when people bring naughty things to the office though!! Managed to eat just 4 haribo sweets on friday. Phew.

Need to keep up this level of motivation!
  • sambam4493
    sambam4493 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've had 4 stone to lose and since July 2016 lost 2 st 6lbs
  • lisagetslim
    lisagetslim Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    day 1 to lose 5 stone dosen't matter what life throws at me i need to do this for me onwards & upwards & stay focused!!
  • lisakburnside
    lisakburnside Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also am aiming to lose 5st. Very daunting. My official day 1 is on Tuesday.

I plan to eat less and move more, log it all and hope for the best.

Anyone can add me - the more the merrier, will start logging on Tuesday .

Lisa
  • p0sitiv3_vib3s
    Options
    sazcrom wrote: »
    hmgetwalw wrote: »

How have you lost the weight anything in particular?? That is really good!!

Hey nothing imparticular just really tried to stay within my cals and plenty of excercise! I'm at 1st 10 loss now
  • sazcrom
    Options
    That is really good going!! Having a rough few days but still managing to log and only had one day where I went over. Hard to stay on track when life throws you for a loop.
  • Granarooney
    Granarooney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Cornish Lass, I'm in Australia and have 110 lb to lose. My best friend of 40 years is from Cornwall :)
  • Granarooney
    Granarooney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sazcrom wrote: »
    @CornishLass77 how are you doing this week??
    I am happy to have completed my first week logging all food. Also to have stopped snacking on crisps and choc.

It is tough when people bring naughty things to the office though!! Managed to eat just 4 haribo sweets on friday. Phew.

Need to keep up this level of motivation!

Oh well done Sazcrom for not succumbing to those dreaded crisps! They'd be my downfall too.
  • sazcrom
    Options
    Tried to right a whole status about how everyone was doing then coughed so hard it deleted it.

How am I doing?? I have had a nasty chest infection the last 3 days and my family has been ill the past week. So not been logging properly although managed to do a lot from memory.

Not being 100% good in my choices but giving myself slack. And trying to stay positive by logging etc. No idea on current weight loss and a bit scared. But will weigh either Thurs or Sun or both.
  • shellmc00
    shellmc00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Desperately trying to get back on track. Lost weight but unfortunately put it back on. Support would be awesome.
  • p0sitiv3_vib3s
    Options
    shellmc00 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Desperately trying to get back on track. Lost weight but unfortunately put it back on. Support would be awesome.

Hey don't worry just draw a line under it and move on. Have a think of what went wrong for u, maybe u tried to change too many things at once? When I've had a gain I look back at the previous week and the first thing I do is make sure I'm drinking enough water and logging everything I eat and staying within calories. Feel free to add me if u would like x
  • katiedoo82
    katiedoo82 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you wish, I don't fill in food diary but I am on similar journey. Started my weightloss 7 months ago, and almost 3 and a half stone gone, hoping to lose another 2 . Have a major operation in January coming up so need to keep losing between now and then. Need all the motivation we can get on this journey.