Burned over 700 cals, how much should I eat?

Ok so I burned over 700 calories at a boxing class today. And I get 1300 calories a day, how much should I eat back? I'm starving :)

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you're 100% sure you burned 700 calories, eat that much back. If not, eat 350-500 to be safe.

Yep.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    calories burned are always an estimation. If you are trying to burn fat, then eat back half or less of that amount.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited October 2016
    It would depend on how comfortable you are with your estimated calorie burn...

When I used MFP's methodology, I used my HRM and ate back around 80% of what I would burn for a cardiovascular workout...but that was rather arbitrary and I pretty much just pulled it out of my *kitten* and from there I just tracked my trends...trends were where I wanted them to be so I just stuck with that.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    100% of what you really burned.

So how did you come by 700 cals?
  • napilibay
    napilibay Posts: 121 Member
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    If you really burned 700 I'm so jealous. Whenever I work out I generally burn between 200-300

Yeah I joined a boxing gym and it was intense for an hour
  • napilibay
    napilibay Posts: 121 Member
    sijomial wrote: »

I joined a boxing gym and it was intense for a full hour. I have a polar watch with chest strap and it said 720. In years past these watches were pretty accurate.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    As for me, I would drink a WHOLE bunch of water and eat a couple of pieces of fruit. I'd hate to mess up that type of burn :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    napilibay wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »

I joined a boxing gym and it was intense for a full hour. I have a polar watch with chest strap and it said 720. In years past these watches were pretty accurate.

You completely trust your HRM 100%? then eat them all back..
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited October 2016
    napilibay wrote: »
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    If you really burned 700 I'm so jealous. Whenever I work out I generally burn between 200-300

Yeah I joined a boxing gym and it was intense for an hour

700 is REALLY high for an hour. You don't give your weight but it is pretty high regardless.
    Depending on the model of HRM, there may be an issue where you get an overestimation because you are not doing constant steady state cardio.

Personally, if it were me, I'd eat no more than half. I'd evaluate for a couple of weeks and decide whether I needed to increase it or not.
    I'd rather start out on the lower end and adjust up than eat too much.
  • LyiannaTameka
    LyiannaTameka Posts: 34 Member
    Girl, eat back however much you want. Half? All of it? I mean, you're on 1300 calories a day, which is super good for fast weight loss, so you don't have to worry. It's not like you're eating 2000 calories a day or something. I'm eating 1200 calories a day and I usually don't eat back my exercise calories, but if I wanted to, I would.

Good luck ❤️.