Salad dressing

Options
2»

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Kris03451 wrote: »
    90% of my caloric intake consist of vegetables.......a.k.a. salad........topped with a protein. Usually chicken or turkey. Although I love vegetables, it's getting a bit boring. Any suggestions for a low-calorie dressing?

I like my vegetables plain. Actually find it amazing how things have evolved from my grandparent's time with just vegetables (or greens as they called them), to today's fancy "salads" now with cheese, oil, bacon, egg, fruit, etc. mixed in, and added dressings or sauces on top.
  • C0ffeeBreak
    C0ffeeBreak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've discovered Ken's steakhouse lite applecider vinagrette. It only has 80 calories for 2 Tblsp. I can't get enough of it.
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have been making dressing with 1 T avocado oil and 1T fig balsamic reduction. It is enough for the 2 of us. I put it on baby spinach that has some strawberries and a few blue berries in it. On top just a couple chopped walnuts and a tiny bit of feta. Very delicious and nutritious!
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I usually sprinkle seasoned rice vinegar on my salad. I'm lazy. Sometimes I will add a little greek yogurt or smashed avocado in with the vinegar and a little water with spices...when I feel fancy
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I usually sprinkle seasoned rice vinegar on my salad. I'm lazy. Sometimes I will add a little greek yogurt or smashed avocado in with the vinegar and a little water with spices...when I feel fancy

I was going to say the same thing, I usually take Greek yogurt and mix it with rice vinegar and a small amount of stevia, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard, and it turns out tasting like a creamy Greek salad dressing
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know this will sound weird, but I use pickle juice when I know I am going to come close to my counts for the day. I usually just use a little of whatever salad dressing I want, but there are days I know I am going to have a high calorie dinner so I will lighten up the dressing at lunch. I have also use hummus.
  • Boyer6605
    Boyer6605 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to use salsa and the Olive Garden dressing is 80 calories for 2 tablespoons. I know they make a light as well but I haven't looked at the nutrition facts on that one yet.
  • awellen21
    awellen21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A great and easy salad dressing I make is to take balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper and shake the crap out of it. Usually I don't even add olive oil and it still tastes great.
  • jenchamb1
    jenchamb1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    There's a good ranch recipe on pinterest that's only 3 ingredients: buttermilk, rf mayo and hidden valley dressing packet. Really low calorie and good.
    Also, Bolthouse is great. Honey mustard and creamy garlic are my favorites.
  • ramurray8
    ramurray8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If your grocery store has Tessamae dressings, I'd suggest them. They are in the refrigerated section near the salad lettuce at my stores. They are "real" in the sense that it's ingredients that you would make salad dressing with - if you took the five minutes to do it yourself. I find that i just need a little.
  • fantasyburns
    fantasyburns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    an equal amount of honey and balsamic vinegar is one of my favorites.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I like what I call my "2-2-1 Dressing":

2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
    2 T. Dijon
    1 T. Agave
    ½ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
    4 black pepper grinds

Soooo Yummy!