Is anyone else falling in deep like with Gardein products?

Options
2»

Replies

• Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    We eat mostly whole foods now, but I do buy subs every now and then.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I actually dislike Dr.Praegers (tried from White castle), hate beyond meat with a passion (I just tried a burger and wanted to throw up lol) and I'm not a fan of morning star burgers, but I do like their breakfast items. I havent tried the porkless bites yet @Melmo1988 but maybe I should! The Beefless tips still sit in my freezer waiting Lol!
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I get their holiday roast for christmas,their fishless "fish" fillets, and I also buy their crabless "crab" cakes. Other than that I mainly eat Quorn products, and morningstar farm products. I still haven't found a good ground crumble yet.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    renae161 wrote: »
    I get their holiday roast for christmas,their fishless "fish" fillets, and I also buy their crabless "crab" cakes. Other than that I manily eat Quorn products, and morningstar farm products. I still haven't found a good ground crumble yet.

I like boca crumbles fried and then added to whatever. I love Quorn turkey. Is the Gardein one decent? I don't think I've tried it yet.
  • renae161
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thanks I'll have to give it a try. I get the Boca Burger's when we go out to red robin. The gardien roast is really good. It's sweet and savory. It comes with a cranberry and wild rice stuffing inside the holiday roasts center, and 2 packages of miso gravy. But, I make sure to buy both Quorn's roasted turk'y for thanksgiving and Gardien's holiday roast for Christmas. The only downside is Gardien's holiday roast is seasonal. But, I believe Quron is year round on turk'y roast. Quorn also just launched their chick'n patties in our stores here, so I'm so excited to buy them next week.
  • Duane2013
    Duane2013 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If anyone has a Yard House restaurant nearby go and try the Gardien Wings. Heaven.
  • renae161
    Options
    I used to really like the lightlife honey BBQ wings until they discontinued them. Now they only sell buffalo wings.
  • Duane2013
    Duane2013 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    you mean YH?
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Duane2013 wrote: »
    you mean YH?

Lightlife is another brand. But Ill look Yard House up too :)
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I used to really like the lightlife honey BBQ wings until they discontinued them. Now they only sell buffalo wings.
    It seems to either be a love hate thing, but my near 6 year old and I love their smart dogs ("hot dogs").
  • renae161
    Options
    I wasnt aware they made a smart dog. I usually just buy morningstar farms veggie dogs. They smell like regular hotdogs and look like them, but just slimmer.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I wasnt aware they made a smart dog. I usually just buy morningstar farms veggie dogs. They smell like regular hotdogs and look like them, but just slimmer.

I tried those but I wasnt a fan. I do like their corn dogs though! I miss their mini ones. I havent seen them in a while.
  • renae161
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Really? I would contact them and say "hey, what's going on? I really like those corndogs, but can't find them". I saw their cornsdogs yesterday in the store over here, but never tried them. I'm skeptical to try new veggie dogs after getting sick from some other brand. I can't remember the name of it, but it was supposed to be a veggie " sausage" made from eggplant, peppers, and some other stuff. End result was it tasted grainy, spicy, and too salty. I never branched outside of veggie dogs from the ones I normally get after that again. It was field roast italian sausage that was the name.

Oh has anyone tried light life's deli slices? omg so good! We don't really get a lot of vegetarian or vegan deli slices in our stores here. You would need to drive to a town about 30 min out where they have more of a selection. We get dessert tofu though. Love that stuff! Banana and mango are the best for me.