How many log in "days in a row" did it take for you?

Options

I'm curious for those who've reached their goal weight or lost a good amount. How many log in days in a row did it take you?

I have some friends who've logged in for more than 1200 days..and I wonder.. are they at goal yet?.. and maybe they are.. i just don't want to be too nosy.

I've logged in for 80 days in a row..and hope to be to my first goal by day 125..

It could be beneficial for us to list our log in days in a row and what success we've achieved.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I just noticed my streak had been reset two weeks ago :/ but I've logged in here every day for almost two years, and I have stuck consistently to my plan for over three years. I reached my goal weight two years ago. So I needed about a year to lose 50 pounds, and I'll be spending the rest of my life keeping them off.

I like that saying "There is no "after", there is only "during" - "after" is when you're dead".
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I am on day 735 of using MFP to help manage my weight.
    I am 5'4" and started at 179 lbs. Today I am 157 lbs. My ultimate goal is to be between 125-145 lbs. I don't know when I will reach that point. It doesn't really matter how long it takes to get there. I'm much better off than I was. :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Today is 555. 52lbs lost. 20-30 to go. No rush.

As I often say to others asking about staying motivated, this is just what I do now, the losses come when they come. I hope to be at goal or close in the first quarter of next year but I'm not overly hung up, it's already taken longer than I thought it might and I'm fine with that, I'm no longer at risk as it were.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    today is 603 days straight.. been logging here for two years..

I never looked at my streak as a part of my goal though.. its sort of there as a challenge like running a faster mile.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    r0ot5 wrote: »
    Currently at 255 days and I'm .6 pounds to hit 100 pounds lost. I'm 5"10 and weight 216 pounds but didn't decide what my goal is yet, I plan to bulk once I'm ready.

see .. this in encouraging... it shows you've lost in good fashion, obviously sticking to a plan.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    37lbs in the last 73 days planning for 40 by 80, and then I'm gonna slow down a little.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    r0ot5 wrote: »
    Currently at 255 days and I'm .6 pounds to hit 100 pounds lost. I'm 5"10 and weight 216 pounds but didn't decide what my goal is yet, I plan to bulk once I'm ready.

see .. this in encouraging... it shows you've lost in good fashion, obviously sticking to a plan.

Are you saying those not large enough to start to allow for a safe loss of 100lbs in less than a year is discouraging?
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I reached my initial goal (215 -> 170 lb.) in 350 days or so. I reached my second goal (150 lb.) in another 360 days or so, so about 710 all told. Since then I've been mostly maintaining; I dipped lower in summer 2015 during a trip to Iceland (lots of walking, not as much eating), and put on a little during a couple of trips this year, so now I'm back to a small deficit until I lose that.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Its been slow going for me. I came here with 30lb to lose and had an injury almost immediately leaving me unable to walk for several weeks. Its been around 230 days and Im halfway to my goal losing .25-.5lb per week now.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I'm at 107 days. It was very hard to stick to my goals until 30 days in, when I could start looking at trends. I tend to get caught up in the daily ups and downs. Hitting the 90 day mark and looking back over 3 months of data was extremely motivating to me.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I've logged in for 55 days and have lost 9 pounds in that time. Before joining up here I had already lost 15. Still have 20 to go and it's slowed a bit but still going in the right direction:)
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am on day 851. I am about 8 pounds away from my new goal, 2 pound from my original goal.

The weight came off fast, in the beginning, and now it has slowed, since I am so close to goal. It's okay with me. I am almost back to my "old" slim self. B)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I'm at Day 158 but I reached my goal about 20 days ago.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    I'm at day 378. I hit my goal at the end of July. My goal was 60 pounds and I have actually dropped 3 pounds below goal unintentionally. My rate of loss was 1.46 pounds per week. How many days will really depends on how much weight someone has to lose and how fast they try to lose it. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've never had a very long streak. Not because of problems with accountability but because I backpack and therefore can go as much as 14 days without internet. That probably shouldn't sound as dramatic as it does but in today's world I'm guess going 2 weeks without touching an internet enabled device is somewhat unique.

As far as time it took me about 180 days to reach my goal.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Day 208, 45 pounds lost, not at goal. I have a loose date set for my goal but am finding its not anything to stress about.
    I'm female, 40 years old, 5'2".
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal on day 365. :smiley:

Or close enough... the top of my goal range (1 kg over the magic number).

I'd lost 80 lbs.

I'm now on day 563, and maintaining my goal.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    5 months/150 days in a row to lose 31 lbs and to reach my goal of 165#. Transitioning to maintenance and an still logging.