Lemon in water

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I think drinking lemon water helps with weight loss. Everyone here is saying it's just calories, but I don't feel that's strictly true. I think there are a combination of things that have to be taken into account for optimal weight loss. First, calories, how much you are eating on a daily basis. This is the most important part.
    Then, exercise, how much you are burning on a daily basis. . This also has to do with calories, influencing the CO part of the CICO energy balance equation.
    Then water, how you are drinking on a daily basis? yes it's important to stay hydrated and that can impact water retention.
    Sleeping, how much you sleep on a nightly basis. Also important for overall health, mental acuity, managing stress but not directly related to weight loss.

Spread... how you spread out your food over the day. I think eating all your calories in one meal would make you lose more weight (I did) than spreading it out. . No, meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss.

It's about what works for everyone but as you can see, there are a host of things that effect your weight loss. Truly it all comes back to calories for weight loss, other factors are secondary and relate more to individual preference which can help keep someone motivated.

Now going back to lemon water, I think it's a good thing to incorporate into your diet. Not only does it banish belly bloat, but it detoxifies you What toxins? and is good for your digestive system. I personally thinks it helps with my weightloss.

Good luck ❤️.

• Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure how anyone can say that lemon water is alkaline as lemons and lemon juice are an acid. Adding them to water doesn't change the acidity, it just dilutes it. As far a helping one lose weight, that's debatable. I have heard that drinking a cup of hot water with lemon is good, drinking lemon infused water is good, or just adding lemon juice to water is good. They all taste good and probably help with encouraging the overall water one drinks in a day but I seriously doubt there is any benefit to weight lose other than increasing the full feeling so you don't eat as much. As far as eliminating toxins, personally I think that is a load of crap!
  • beccapineapple8756
    beccapineapple8756 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to start a major debate i was just curious
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to start a major debate i was just curious

Oh this is nothing. Don't worry. :)
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've read that it's good to "keep you moving" or "regular"...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I've read that it's good to "keep you moving" or "regular"...

And so does coffee! Right? ;)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Lemon is a natural diuretic so it *could* possibly help you shed a little water weight if you are having trouble with water retention.