Trying so hard

Options
jen2548
jen2548 Posts: 1 Member
Well this is my 100th different diet plan. I have lost alot of weight counting calories before and had np idea this app existed until a coworker told me. I love it bc you can see what you eating and hold yourself accountable for what your eating. I am 10 days now and some days have extra calories so I know I'm doing good and I hope this works. Really hopeful right now.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Trying and hard and diet plans and hoping is the mentality that forced you to start this 100 times.

Instead - decide to do, and just do. Then do it smart - plan meals, eat food you like. Log your intake accurately, hit your calorie goal every day, and check results (weigh/measure yourself) regularly and consistently. If you also have realistic expectations and patience, you're golden.

Welcome to MFP :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Cograts on a renewed commitment! :) .. Trust the method you have chosen as there are thousands of successful MFP'ers here!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Old saying "Do not confuse effort with results". If you've been "trying", then it's not for you. You either do or do not.
    The biggest issue with diets is that they are a quick fix issue for 90% of the population. Unless there's consistency afterward, weight regain will happen.
    And that's why counting calories is king. Because you can still eat what you want as long as you understand that you HAVE to account for those calories on a daily basis.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Try not to go too far under your calories- the deficit is already included.

I hope you find success with this method- it's literally the only thing that has ever worked for me.
  • jenkofb
    jenkofb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Consistency is key!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Also I like that with this you don't really need to try hard.. you just need to be accurate and consistent.

I don't know why people think weight loss needs to be so hard- you just need to be in a caloric deficit. It's really quite simple. All diets are based on this principal, they just try to make it seem more complicated than that to sell you on on their particular diet plan. But with myfitnesspal and tracking your exact calories you can jus cut through all the BS and just do the thing that actually works! And you can even eat pretty much whatever you want as long as it fits in your daily calories & macros.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Diets & deprivation don't make long term sense. This is more about mindfulness & it's kinda fun
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    When people say it's hard, they don't mean they find the concept difficult to understand, but for many personal and emotional reasons it can be difficult to adhere to the logic.