P90X or Insanity first?

Options
edorice
edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
This is from the teambeachbody site. It is my opinion that if you're at all interested in either of these programs, then P90X classic or lean would be the best way to start in order to build upper body and core strength. Here are many more opinions for your reading pleasure.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/114037354

Replies

• BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I would tend to agree. The P90X will work as a "primer" for Insanity and will get you in good enough cardio shape that Insanity won't completely kill you. LOL
  • chelseawilliamson
    Options
    just started insanity yesterday.. and my entire body is sore!! but i got to stick with it!!
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started with P90X and so glad I did! I found it helped me to prepare for Insanity. Insanity is absolutely by far the hardest workout I have ever done!!
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Do P90X first. You'll build lots of lean muscle (while burning fat), and do Insanity after to cut and tone your body more.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Ditto - Even on Insanity, I kept adding in P90X workouts to get the strength training I missed. If buying Insanity, get the deluxe with the strength training and the Sports Intervals.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    OH, I totally agree, I tell everyone that Insanity should be done after p90x! p90x is a walk in the park compared to insanity! LOL
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I went from couch to Insanity. LOL. I absolutely loved it! Yes it was tough on my body, but I loved the Intensity. I could see the changes in my body, and ending the working dripping in sweat showed me that I was really getting a great workout. I am now doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid, and am glad I started with Insanity. I'm not sure if I would have stuck with the 90 days of P90X if I would have done it off the bat. Besides, Shouldn't you be doing cardio first?
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    I went from couch to Insanity. LOL. I absolutely loved it! Yes it was tough on my body, but I loved the Intensity. I could see the changes in my body, and ending the working dripping in sweat showed me that I was really getting a great workout. I am now doing a P90X/Insanity hybrid, and am glad I started with Insanity. I'm not sure if I would have stuck with the 90 days of P90X if I would have done it off the bat. Besides, Shouldn't you be doing cardio first?

I agree I went from doing 3 weeks of Turbo Fire to Insanity. Insanity got me in great cardiovasculr shape to be able to now run on a treadmill without gasping for air. I love Insanity!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    p90x first and I only say that as I did Insanity first then tried p90x and was so bored by how much slower p90x was. Everything just seems to move faster in Insanity, is more motivating and more "get off your butt and move" type deal instead of p90x's "ok, move if you want to" mellow type flow
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I guess I am in the minority. I did Insanity first.

First 4 weeks of Insanity twice followed by recovery week then the final 4 weeks twice then P90X.

I am glad I did so I am able to have the wind to do the most I can with P90x.

After I finish P90x I am combining them in my own personal hybrid schedule.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I completed Insanity last year while my husband did the hybrid P90X/Insanity - he loved it and got great results. It's the best of both!
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This is from the teambeachbody site. It is my opinion that if you're at all interested in either of these programs, then P90X classic or lean would be the best way to start in order to build upper body and core strength. Here are many more opinions for your reading pleasure.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/114037354

Depending on your fitness level. I would defintely do 90 first then Insanity. Insanity is no JOKE!!!
  • mlippoliti
    mlippoliti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Went right to Insanity.....P90x was too boring/basic for me......
  • mlippoliti
    mlippoliti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did the same. I found P90x too slow/boring.
  • jonnarenae
    jonnarenae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have P90x to do first...just need to get my butt off the couch!!
  • exercisesucks
    Options
    just started insanity yesterday.. and my entire body is sore!! but i got to stick with it!!

Don't quit! Keep pushing Play!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I completed Insanity last year while my husband did the hybrid P90X/Insanity - he loved it and got great results. It's the best of both!

Yep, I love the hybrid of both as well. We've done 2-3 hybrid rounds. I've already lost count.