looking for keto friends

Options
Just started keto way of life 3 weeks ago and I'm down 17lbs already!

Replies

• TroubleUSA
    TroubleUSA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic Michelle! I'm 7 weeks in
  • stephanieloves2Bfit
    Options
    That's awesome! I started on Monday and I'm down 3.5lbs. Did any of you experience the "Keto Flu"? If so, how long did it take to subside?
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    check out the low carber daily forum here - lots of great info and support!
  • fitgirl_flabtofab
    Options
    That's awesome! I started on Monday and I'm down 3.5lbs. Did any of you experience the "Keto Flu"? If so, how long did it take to subside?

I have learned that the best way to get through the keto flu and to avoid it is pickles, pickle juice and full sodium broth.
  • sisisisepuede
    sisisisepuede Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting keto now! Did it in August and lost 11lbs... how do you guys deal with working out ? I'm an avid runner, lift weights, and pay water polo... everyone tells me to eat carbs before working out but I'm not convinced!
  • jigglephysics
    jigglephysics Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not Keto, but I am a Zero Carber from the UK here, in my second week, as of this morning down approx 9.4lbs ^_^ I feel SO GOOD doing this. I wish I'd learned what I know now ten years ago.

I'm going to start weight and resistance training (with cardio to warm up) in the next couple weeks. Wanted to shed 15-20lbs first.

I never had Keto flu (although I do ache today, I think it may be that my bed is v. uncomfortable). Not yet anyway! I weaned myself daily off the carbs, so no sugar headaches either :D
  • pbs519
    pbs519 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • sisisisepuede
    sisisisepuede Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    anyone want to start a keto group? It's funny- I try sharing this diet with others and they look at me like i'm crazy...ok, I thought it was crazy at first-but not anymore! anyway, it would be cool to have a group that is just keto and has good recipes/tips etc
  • turtlesteps1
    turtlesteps1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love that. New to this WOE and can't seem to make the scale move.
  • RN_Mel2015
    RN_Mel2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in! 12 lbs down since I started Keto lifestyle
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Keto works amazingly well for me. Unfortunately it interferes with the renal excretion of a medication I'm on and ketosis sent my drug levels dangerously high.

I wish I could join you all. It works so well for my body, but unfortunately unsafe for me while I'm on this drug.