Crohn's and IBS

Options
I have Crohn's and IBS and have been starting to maintain this strictly through diet and no longer taking medication. Does anyone have any good food choices or recipes that may help?

Replies

• Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's and am managing through diet as well. What foods are you eating and what are you avoiding?
  • alwinter09
    alwinter09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was never formally diagnosed with crohns, but I do have IBS. I also have a gluten intolerance wherein my skin breaks out, I feel gross and bloated, and my energy levels spike downwards after eating gluten and my bowels shutdown for days on end. (and yet I still find some way to eat it anyway). I get almost every recipe I have from pinterest, to be honest. You can search for all types of recipes. I usually type in something like gluten free or low carb, and I get lots of good recipes with pictures. Also try food.com and search for gluten free.
    Hope this helps!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do diet alone but my disease is severe and only somewhat function on a lot of food restrictions, Remicade and imuran
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Monads university has an app for ibs- it traffic lights foods so you know what's bad to what extent- and it has a list of recipes. I've been doing fodmap and have managed to work out a good few (nice) recipes that are OK even on the most restrictive part of the diet. Pm me if you wanna ask any questions :) xxx
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I do modified fodmap (I have more restrictions than what is listed) for my crohn's