egg roll help!!

Options
lilwashee
lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
ok i have pork, mushrooms, and cabbage with of course the egg roll it self but how do i make these lol

Replies

• pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Yoy might want to add asian bean thread, it's a clear very thin rice noodle. Also I add bean sprouts to mine. Here's what you do.

Soak your bean thread in water until it can be cut into small pieces with a scissor.

Heat some veg oil and add your vegetables and fry them until heated through.

Add your cooked meat to this mixture.

Add the bean thread which has been cut up and stir everything together. Turn off heat .

Beat one egg and stir into the egg roll mixture. Keep the heat off so the egg doesn't cook. The egg mixture helps to bind everything together.

Put some on the egg roll wrapper and roll up. Fry or bake and enjoy. I've never had good luck with baking them. I don't eat them very often so I fry them and have them as an indulgence.
    Good luck.
  • dlafarga
    dlafarga Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You have to sautee the cabbage first with the mushrooms and add the pork in the end. you usually roll them up and deep fry them. I don't know if you wanna do it that way or spraying them down with cooking oil baking it in the oven to see how that turns out.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    my version with groung turkey or chicken
    1.cook meat and shred(i boil and add seasoning to water)
    2.shred cabbage and slice mushrooms very thin
    3.litely steam veggies(i use carrots or a slaw mix..savws time)
    4use about 3 tbs of veggies in a wonton wrap
    5 after all are wrapped put on baking sheet sprayed with pam
    6bake at 325 till golden brown

(you can add a tablespoon of oyster sauce to veggies while steaming for flavor)
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    thanks so much guys, yeah not so sure its low cal but i have alot of calories left over for dinner tonight :)