Ready for a lifestyle change!

Options
adk88
adk88 Posts: 143 Member
Hi!
My name is Amanda, and I am new to this community. I have just recently started making lifestyle changes to improve my lifestyle. Over the last couple weeks, I have been gradually working to start an exercise program as well as changing my eating habits. I know that these things take time, however I am hoping to lose 30 pounds by the end of October for a shopping trip with my mom. My long term weight loss goals are to lose more, however, I think setting a smaller goal for the time being will make it feel much more obtainable to me. I just wanted to introduce myself as well as see if anyone has any tips or pointers at staying on track. I've already found that it can be so easy to slip back into old habits.

Thanks for reading! :)

Replies

• walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You have to really want it! Once you get into the routine, change your eating, exercise 4 or 5 times a week, it will become an addiction. I am 7 weeks in, the first few weeks were rough but it is so worth it when you weigh in after that first month!
  • Latai
    Latai Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!,

Keep it up,it's hard to change an eating and lifestyle you've had for so long but it can be done! I was on a 6-week challenge and lost some pounds but once it was over hard to keep it going. But i found that it's a support/community group can really make the difference in keeping your motivation up!

Good luck and you can add me if you like. :)
  • Aclarke0504
    Options
    The best advice i can give is dont lose focus of why you are doing this in the first place, keep a picture of you now and keep taking them as you lose wieght it is a great motivational aspect. Think of a quote that inspires you and hang it on a bathroom mirror or somewhere you always look and when you feel like your loseing your steam just read it and think about what it means to you.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have been here for a few weeks, and love it! It really helps to have others to talk to. Feel free to add me.
    Good luck!!
  • beccachick
    beccachick Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello,

I couldn't agree more about the small goals. I can get really discouraged if things aren't moving as fast as I'd like them to. I am glad to be joining along side you. Best wishes and here's to shopping! :D

Becca