Postpartum help!

Options
I just had my baby girl Oct. 4, and looking to lose 100+ lbs. I'm looking for fellow postpartum moms with tips on diet (I'm breastfeeding), workouts, and anything else to help! Also, friends who didn't just have a baby are welcome! ☺️

Replies

• kpressnell2017
    kpressnell2017 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not boob feeding but also looking to drop a significant amount of weight! Two babies in two years has caused a little bit of a hard road for me haha
  • lissmayer
    lissmayer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had to decide between maintaining my milk supply and losing the baby weight until my babies were solidly eating food around a year. If breastfeeding is important to you (and no judgment if it isn't), I advise waiting until the fourth trimester ends (newborn phase- 3 mo) to begin anything at all then going super slow so you can keep an eye on your supply. Even breastfeeding a toddler (17 mo), there are times I need to eat up to maintenance to keep my supply up. But establishing the breastfeeding relationship during the first three months was imperative for me. Your mileage may vary, of course.
  • babybear_mt
    babybear_mt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am a proud mama of a 6 month (almost 7 month!!!) old baby boy! I started really cracking down on losing the weight when he turned 4 months. Now here's the thing: when DS was a month old, he wasn't gaining like he should due to me not making enough milk. After that, I supplemented with formula at a rate of about 60%ff/40%bf. When he hit 4 months, I started with eating 1700 calories and am now down to 1500. I personally don't notice a drop in my milk supply, but I'm not a good judge considering my supply has sucked from the get-go. For my workouts, I do a LOT of walking :-) send me a friend request if you like! I'm 5'7", SW 216, CW 185, GW 150
  • mdpeoples
    mdpeoples Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to have my baby within the next 3-4 days and will be breastfeeding. Would love to have the help as well! Any mommas feel free to add me!
  • Freckledmama1
    Freckledmama1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding mommy here! I went to see a registered dietitian for this same question! She was amazing and helped me map out meal planning and everything. I highly recommend seeing one for help.
  • kandisec
    kandisec Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old and I'm ready to get into shape as well I am currently 160 looking to lose 20 in 3 months . Add me if u would like !!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I had my baby on Oct 4 too!

Anyway, based on what I've read, it's best to wait until baby is at least 2 months before trying to lose weight. Your milk supply should be established by then. Also, aim to lose no more than 1 lb a week (2 if you're overweight or obese) when you do start. Any more than that may affect your milk supply. I'm exclusively breastfeeding so I'll be watching my weight closely.

Once I get clearance from my dr at my 6 week check up I plan to start exercising though. Not to lose weight, just to start regaining some fitness.

Add me!
  • djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just had my third 10 days ago and I am also nursing. I lost 110lb before getting pregnant. I gained 45 lbs during my pregnancy and I've lost 20 lbs so far doing nothing. I don't want to intentionally lose weight and sometimes it's hard to find time to eat with a newborn attached to me all the time. I'm waiting a few months before trying to lose weight as I am worried it will affect my milk supply.
  • ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my almost 3 month old me have been counting cals since he was 6 weeks. My supply is fantastic. I have 50+ bags of milk pumped and ready as extra for when I go back to work this week. I am 5'10" and when I had my son I was 257. I am now 217! 39.8 lbs down. I am not really exercising much. Just here and there. I stopped pumping because I had so much stored and didn't wanna keep being a milking cow. Lol but I'll be pumping at work. I was actually pumping more milk after my nursing sessions when I started eating right. Best investment ever is to buy a digital scale. Weigh everything in grams and log it faithfully. I chose 2 lbs a week then manually added 500 to that and set my cals at that. 2140 I think. It's working for me. My little man is 15 lbs already and will be 3 months on the 10th.