Holidays at Hogwarts - Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge [7 Week Challenge]

Options
Kisame29
Kisame29 Posts: 9,660 Member
2cVzPuU.gif

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 12th term and we are looking for applicants to join for the new term.

First, some information about what to expect from your term at Hogwarts:

Basics:
  • It is a 7 week challenge that will run from Monday, October 31st (with starting weigh-in on 10/28-10/30) and go through Sunday, December 18th.
  • The term will be themed around the holiday season at Hogwarts, as well as themed around the holidays in general (Halloween, Thanksgiving, and approaching Christmas, which can be big challenges when you're trying to lose or maintain weight!)
  • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), as well as other challenges including some based around the term's theme.
  • All players will be sorted into houses. These are your teams - look to each other for advice, support, and motivation.
  • Each week, players will weigh themselves on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (ET). Weight loss will be totaled up (not by pounds lost, but by percentage, similar to the Muggle television show Biggest Loser) for each house.
  • Houses will be awarded house points based on challenges completed each week and the House Cup will be awarded to the house with the most points at the end of the term!

Benefits:
  • Geek out over all things Harry Potter with like-minded people! The entire challenge is Harry Potter themed, right down to the names of the threads in the group.
  • Make friends and be supported by a fantastic group of people!
  • Get motivated! We'll push you every day with different health-related challenges. Do what you can, and you'll probably find you're more capable than you thought!

For those interested in enrolling in Hogwarts, here is the application form for you to complete: https://hogwartsmfp.typeform.com/to/tdeHIl
-If you have trouble submitting the application, feel free to PM me!

Once you have been accepted, a prefect will contact you and you will receive an invitation to the School group and your House Common Room here on MFP. Acceptance owls (as well as Wait List owls) are planned to be sent out around ~10/23.

Hogwarts is an equal opportunity school and has openings available for people with all levels of ability, as well as places for students who are maintaining or gaining weight. There are always modifications allowed on the main tasks to allow students of all fitness levels participate.

Questions may be posted here. I hope to see many of you join us at Hogwarts :)

Sincerely yours,
Kisame29 (Headgirl, Slytherin Prefect)

Note: If you happen to read this much later (such as in November or December) and you're interested in joining the challenge, please send me a PM so I can ensure you get on the wait list!

Replies

• charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
  • MichelleH1304
    MichelleH1304 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic and well run challenge! I took part in two terms earlier in the year and am hoping to return! Form submitted :) If you are interested in Harry Potter and having a group of friends to help motivate and inspire you, this is the place to go.
  • TheePhoenix
    TheePhoenix Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    AHHH HARRY POTTER!!!! I LOVE this! <3
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    *fingers crossed*
  • Kisame29
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Glad to have so many people applying :) There are still spots left though, so please apply asap if you'd like to guarantee yourself a spot!

The first batch of acceptance owls will be going out soon! It may not be for a couple more days, so if you are worried if your application was received, feel free to send me a PM and I can confirm if it's being processed.
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted that @Kisame29. I'm dying over here! Hogwarts Christmas is more than my brain can handle.
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Watching and waiting for the owls to fly with the news....
  • Oathmeal
    Oathmeal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ~squeals~ AHH I'm so excited
  • milla1985
    milla1985 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I did the Term 5 challenge about 18 months ago and it was so much fun! Really hope that an owl will arrive soon :)
  • Kisame29
    Options
    Update - Sorry again about the delay, but the plan is that we will start sending out the acceptance and/or wait list owls on Wednesday afternoon ~ Thursday morning :) (With four houses, they may not all go out at the exact same time since the prefects send out the owls for their students). We had to get a few other things organized first and all the groups up! That is pretty much taken care of, so owls should be going out very soon.

As I said before, if you are worried your application didn't go through at all, just send me a PM and I can confirm it was received!

I also strongly encourage people to continue to apply if you are interested!
  • RNamd23
    RNamd23 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just submitted my application, this sounds like fun!!
  • redpath15
    redpath15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome, just submitted my application!
  • gnidushka
    gnidushka Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OMG this is just what I needed!
  • gnidushka
    gnidushka Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just realised- in my profile picture I am drinking Butterbeer! :)
  • KarenSmith196511
    KarenSmith196511 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I signed up a few days ago. Did you receive my application?
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm on a pre-planned diet so my potions grade won't be pretty.
  • foxandflora
    foxandflora Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I hope I get to join in on this fun!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    Hooray! My owl arrived!

:anguished: I used the links, but could find no Join button on the pages!

Please help!
  • VirginiaRegina
    VirginiaRegina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I signed up so I'm awaiting my owl. ;) This really sounds fun.