I thought I had a handle

Options
Seem like everytime I weigh myself in the morning I tend to stay around the same Exact weigh in.
Sometimes I lie to myself and say it will get better. But truthfully it does not. So starting tommorrow I will give myself the opportunity i deserve to kick this pile of excess bagged. The trainer at the gym says i need to lift weight not just depend on cardio what do you all have to say. Please any advice is welcome

Replies

• ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    cheer-up; things will get better. Just don't give up on yourself. you deserve to reach your goal.
  • kittycakes
    kittycakes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    it's not a lie -- it will get better! :)

your trainer might be right about weights. I think building more muscle helps burn more calories, so that can help kick things into gear if you're in a lull. Plus I find that feeling more "toned" makes you feel skinnier even if the scale doesn't show any big loss.

You can do it! Good luck!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    more muscle + more calories burned at rest. So yes, you don't want to do cardio exclusively. It works, but you will get better results faster if you work on strength training. The way I look at it is, it's all good for you, so it's all good.
    Good luck and DON't QUIT!
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree with your trainer - lifting weights builds more muscle, this new muscle will burn more calories, weight loss becomes easier. Good luck!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I started MFP with no intentions of working out what so ever!!!! Now I run/walk on teh treadmill every morning (well almost) and Ive lost 12lbs (my first 12 that is) in just under 1 month :) I am going to try and incorperate weight training into my workout but I hate it a lot lol I know that I want to be thin but I want to be toned and I have heard that wieght training helps you get that definition and toness :) Good luck to you and I hope all works out for you!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Definitely, lift weights!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out lifting weights... I do 15 minutes 2 days a week, and calisthenics 2 days a week, and 75 minutes of cardio at least 4 days a week. Just start small, do your research...if you already have a trainer than you're 10 steps ahead of me. lift heavier instead of doing light and lots of reps...you'll be fine...if you need me I'm here, and new lol
  • bwilcox30
    bwilcox30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Muscle mass burns more calories so weight training is very important to success. You dont have to become and amateur body builder but I would definately recommend starting to incorporate weights into your routine.