Primal Blueprint, Paleo, Groksters

Options
In the process of switching in that direction, loving it so far. Would be curious to see how some others who have switched to this lifestyle eat. How closely do you follow it? Any variations? Just looking to get better informed. If it's not too much of a bother, would a few of you be interested in adding me as a friend so I can stalk your food diaries? Thanks beforehand for the support!

Replies

• laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Millie77
    Millie77 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm interested too. Bump. :)
  • fitkyriel
    fitkyriel Posts: 29
    Options
    Oh me me! me! My favorite website for getting started is paleoplan.com .... Hands down. It's a website that gives you a breakfast/lunch/snack/dinner menu, and an entire grocery list. And do I follow it 100%? Nope. I am picky. Mushrooms? Nope. Fish? Heck naw. Lol. I usually replace fish recipes with chicken, since chicken is so versatile. Anyways. I will certainly add you! I home make everything. If you see my diary, it will say "muffins" and "cornbread" but really, they are paleo recipes ("cornbread" is actually almond flour heh heh), and I don't think you can actually see the exact ingredients in recipes. You know, because I make like 12 muffins at a time in my recipe, 1 muffin is a serving and 12 servings in a recipe and I add 1 serving for breakfast. If you have a question about anything you see, feel free to ask me and I will share the recipe for it. I will sometimes add pictures to my facebook fan page, too.

Oh, and I lost 25lbs. I am just starting a new journey with TurboFire. I fell off the bandwagon with getting Strep twice in a row. The second time around I was on Drs Orders to NOT exercise! (something about metabolism the antibiotics?) So yesterday was re Day 1 for me :)
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    Oh me me! me! My favorite website for getting started is paleoplan.com .... Hands down. It's a website that gives you a breakfast/lunch/snack/dinner menu, and an entire grocery list. And do I follow it 100%? Nope. I am picky. Mushrooms? Nope. Fish? Heck naw. Lol. I usually replace fish recipes with chicken, since chicken is so versatile. Anyways. I will certainly add you! I home make everything. If you see my diary, it will say "muffins" and "cornbread" but really, they are paleo recipes ("cornbread" is actually almond flour heh heh), and I don't think you can actually see the exact ingredients in recipes. You know, because I make like 12 muffins at a time in my recipe, 1 muffin is a serving and 12 servings in a recipe and I add 1 serving for breakfast. If you have a question about anything you see, feel free to ask me and I will share the recipe for it. I will sometimes add pictures to my facebook fan page, too.

Oh, and I lost 25lbs. I am just starting a new journey with TurboFire. I fell off the bandwagon with getting Strep twice in a row. The second time around I was on Drs Orders to NOT exercise! (something about metabolism the antibiotics?) So yesterday was re Day 1 for me :)

Thanks! So far I actually like the menu a lot, and the body weight/essential movement exercise that comes with PB is awesome. Almond flower is kinda hard to find where I'm at, and when I can find it, it tends to be kind of expensive. As soon as we get settled in a new place (we're moving at the mo) I'm gonna see if there isn't some place online I can order it from or something. I'll definitely check out paleo plan.
  • fitkyriel
    fitkyriel Posts: 29
    Options
    Almond flower is kinda hard to find where I'm at, and when I can find it, it tends to be kind of expensive.

I agree. Very much so. I live in a small west virginian town with no trader joe's or whole foods. We do have one very hippy store (no seriously, very hippy hehe) and they happen to sell almond flour. Before I knew this place existed I did buy almond flour online. nutsonline or amazon work! I am just a big fan because I make fantabulous almond flour biscuits... I think I have this nostalgic connection to a dinner biscuit. Lol. Good luck good luck! Paleoplan has a sample menu you can do for a week, and then they give you a two week free trial. So that's three weeks to check it out!