How many log in "days in a row" did it take for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I hit my first goal at 180+ days, then didn't log a few times due to camping trips over the summer where I had no cell or internet. I'm back at 50 consecutive days now and 12 pounds below my first goal. I'm not sure what my goal is at this point. I haven't weighed this little since 1980? Just guessing because I honestly can't remember. My doctor is pleased with my progress at this point so I might be at maintenance.
  • katsushii
    katsushii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A lot of people log in with the goal of maintaining...
    I have some friends who've logged in for more than 1200 days..and I wonder.. are they at goal yet?

And it's evident by these forums that a LOT of people continue to log in for the community. :)

I hope that after I reach my goal (which I'm not even positive is solidified — I'm either trying to lose 10 pounds or I'm trying to convert all my fat into muscle, or both) that I'll continue to log in for many days in a row. :D

Best of luck to you, elisa!

-kat
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    r0ot5 wrote: »
    Currently at 255 days and I'm .6 pounds to hit 100 pounds lost. I'm 5"10 and weight 216 pounds but didn't decide what my goal is yet, I plan to bulk once I'm ready.

see .. this in encouraging... it shows you've lost in good fashion, obviously sticking to a plan.

Are you saying those not large enough to start to allow for a safe loss of 100lbs in less than a year is discouraging?
    No.. I'm not saying that. I, personally, find it encouraging when I see that a member of MFP is reaching their goals and actually losing weight in a set amount of time. For me, I realized I have been up and down 15 pounds since 2012.

this time i'm being mindful of how long my log in streak is and determined to make it till the end. .and wonder how long it has taken most people. That's all.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    I've been logging every day since mid-Feb 2015 ... even though my streak reset at one point.

However, it took two 16-week sets to lose my weight.

I stuck with it like glue for 16 weeks and hit my first goal ... took a month's diet break ... then stuck with it like glue for another 16 weeks to hit my second goal. I've been maintaining since ... almost a year now. :)
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    r0ot5 wrote: »
    Currently at 255 days and I'm .6 pounds to hit 100 pounds lost. I'm 5"10 and weight 216 pounds but didn't decide what my goal is yet, I plan to bulk once I'm ready.

see .. this in encouraging... it shows you've lost in good fashion, obviously sticking to a plan.

Are you saying those not large enough to start to allow for a safe loss of 100lbs in less than a year is discouraging?
    No.. I'm not saying that. I, personally, find it encouraging when I see that a member of MFP is reaching their goals and actually losing weight in a set amount of time. For me, I realized I have been up and down 15 pounds since 2012.

this time i'm being mindful of how long my log in streak is and determined to make it till the end. .and wonder how long it has taken most people. That's all.

For me, there will be no end so it doesn't matter when I reach a certain weight. My goal for weight loss is to track my intake and eat fewer calories than I burn. I can succeed at that goal nearly every day. As long as I'm on a downward weight trend, it doesn't matter when I hit a certain weight. Once I get to a weight where I would like to stay, I'll bump up my calories a bit but that will be the only change.

I'm going to need to keep tracking carefully for the rest of my life if I want to avoid weight regain. What does it matter if it takes years to get to a certain weight?