Help!

Options
I have been exercising (doing cardio) for an hour every day since last Tuesday, I have not lost any weight, in fact, I gained two pounds! In addition to the hour of cardio a day at the gym, I play tennis most nights with my fiance. I eat mainly fruits and vegetables all day. I don't like meat or nuts so I'm trying to find other ways to increase my protein intake, but I can't understand why I'm not losing weight. I'm getting married in October and would like to lose about 10 pounds between now and my first dress fitting, which is in late August.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Replies

• cjasins
    cjasins Posts: 93
    Options
    without being able to see your logs not sure if this is true for you but you may need to eat more....the more you exercise the more calories you need. I originally was eating way under what I should have been eating and when I finally gave in and increased my intake the weight is falling off.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Be patient with yourself -- last Tuesday is only a week ago. :)

I'd recommend adding strength training in there somewhere, and protein is very important -- cottage cheese, greek yogurt, even pastas, oatmeal and whole wheat tortillas have protein in them.

Other than that, keep up the good work -- congrats on your engagement!
  • rocky282
    rocky282 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree make sure your getting enough calories, and lentils are an excellent source of proteen :) and they are soooo very tasty too. Good luck!
  • tskrehot
    tskrehot Posts: 2
    Options
    The same thing happended to me. The sight recommends 1200 calories/day, but for me to lose weight I typically need 1400 calories/day right now. Since you eat mostly fruits and veggies I would make sure that the increase in calories comes from veggies - not fruit since the fruit sugar can mess you up too! Good luck!!
  • tkrallman
    tkrallman Posts: 29
    Options
    You may need to track your calories better. Tho you may feel like you're getting enough food. Your body goes into starvation mode when it's deprived. Also, change things up a bit... if you're eating most of the same foods day in and day out your body gets adjusted and complacent. Good luck and keep up the effort. You may be surprised when it finally kicks in.
  • lnorris7
    lnorris7 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! So right now (before dinner) I've had a net of 159 calories for the day. I've already done all my exercising and dinner is usually my big calorie intake, should I have a net of 1200 calories or should the 1200 be before the exercise or the net would be closer to 800? I hope that makes sense!
  • rocky282
    rocky282 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My hubby (a retired military dietician) told me that my net for the day shouldn't be lower than 900 or else my body would be in starve mode, and to have most of my calories after exercise but several hours before bed. He also instructs me to work out in the morning before eating so that my body gets used to getting up and using overnight calories to start the day, therefore using up the stored stuff first before burning through the new stuff. If you are netting less than 900 per day I'm pretty sure your body is in Starve mode and trying to hold everything it can.

If it were me I would throw in more snack type meals throughout the day, an apple here, some peanutbutter and celery there. Things like that to get your body used to using what you have and then burning the rest off. Good luck :)