Motivational Help?

Options
Hey, I'm new to this app as well as the forums. I really want to push through instead of give up halfway like I always somehow see me do. I would really like it if I could have someone who could be my motivation and a supporter

Replies

• renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi there!, I'll be your friend. You can get a lot of helpful tips from people on here.
  • alishanoelle
    alishanoelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I appreciate it
  • jankig
    jankig Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ki79in2c6ded.jpg
    I need motivational help too. Let keep each other accountable!!
  • quinngetsshredded
    quinngetsshredded Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm down if you want! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BabiiSam
    BabiiSam Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    you are more than welcome to add me :)
  • ali2b
    ali2b Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am always going back and forth between being super healthy and falling off the wagon.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Just a word of caution. You can't rely on other people to motivate you on a consistent basis. Motivation comes from within. Yes, others can inspire you and you're trying to cultivate a group of people who will do that for you which is awesome. However, on a daily basis it still comes down to you.

Rather than try to remain motivated, because motivation waxes and wanes for all of us, develop good habits and routines. I am not always motivated to get out of bed at the crack of dawn and run for 4 or 5 miles but even as my head might be telling me that it doesn't feel like running this morning, my body is already opening the drawer with my running clothes inside.

One other thing to consider is how you're going about trying to lose weight. If you're being too restrictive it's much more difficult to keep moving forward. There are no foods you need to eat or avoid to lose weight so incorporate the foods you like just make sure that your calories are close to your goal the vast majority of days. Eat now like you plan to eat once you reach your goal weight and you'll find it much easier to maintain your weight loss once you reach that goal.