SOC Week 8

Options
Sorry this is late! I've been working and working out a lot so I don't have a lot of time. I noticed we lost a lot of members.. So I was thinking this week we could possibly pair up and push each other through the next 2 months? Here's a list of members that are still active. If you would like to be added please tell me. Next week, I encourage you guys to start messaging your partner on a daily basis. This could make our group a lot closer. I'll continue to post challenges and stuff but this will bring it a lot more personal.

Me.
gibsters88.. Was wondering if you wanted to pair up with me?
newkay
AllyV0621
lizzy_09
whiskyzee
xHallie
sarac715
GvMeSmth2
kbarth91

What do you guys think?
Here's the challenge for this week:

We are nearing about a month and a half left of the challenge. How are you doing? Do you need a new workout plan? Are you slacking on eating healthy? Try and come up with new ideas to stay refreshed and motivated. Message me if you need help with workouts. I am the type of person who can run everyday all day, but I know a lot of people arn't like that. And that's ok, we are all students and need to adapt because everyday is different. Try sleeping more this week, because soon enough were gonna be back into a hectic routine and won't be getting as much sleep. Savor your summer before it's over.

Replies

• Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I would love pairing up with you! I for sure have been lacking motivation lately. Bah.
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    I'm up for all of this!

I'm getting more into working out again. I had said that I'd work out on days I don't work, but I'm going to step it up. A lot of times I don't go in until 3,4,or 5. So on days I don't work in the morning/early afternoon I'm gonna start going to the gym as well! I even went on the treadmill at home yesterday when I was car-less to keep it up!! In fact, I think I've worked out every day but once this week

There have been some sweets in the house lately. Homemade chocolate cake, orange/pineapple sorbet, and now my mom is making peach cobbler (she was at first just cutting up some fresh HEALTHY peaches to eat whenever but then decided we had enough flour.... and sugar... and milk... ah well) but I've cut my portion size whenever I eat. I find putting the sorbet in a tiny bowl really helps. The bowl looks full but it's smaller! I'm doing that with dinners too. I always opt for the smaller plate in a fairly successful attempt to trick my brain :)

So, though I have slightly indulged, it is only abot 2-3Tblsp's at a time
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think pairs are a great idea! Count me in :)

I feel pretty good about my exercise, but I'm down to my last soccer team of the summer. This is a bummer because I really put all I've got onto the field. When I'm exercising by myself, I often let myself stop before I truly hit my limit. I will say, though, that watching the Women's cup has really pushed me to run, even if it's hot or rainy outside. I get worked up, and then I can't not run.

Also, can I just say that I love summer produce prices? Because affordable fruit is awesome.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Pairs are a great idea! I'm in. :D

For me, while my exercise routine is as solid (and as challenging) as ever, eating healthy is becoming more and more of a chore. Possibly because there isn't a lot of variation in my diet while I'm home for the summer. My parents tend to buy the same things week in and week out and have only yielded on some things, like allowing me to get grapefruit and greek yogurt. So I'm getting bored, and that leads to these little impromptu "cheat meals" like last Saturday's Wings-n-Things fest. Needless to say, the scale did not move this week. At least it didn't go up.

But, I'm going to buckle down and suck it up and not let my family's crap eating habits ruin my hard work.

I decided this week that I would stop taking rest days for a while. Since I started on MFP at the end of March I've been taking one rest day a week, but they're making me feel really anxious and restless, so it doesn't seem to be in my best interest. I'll rest when I'm actually tired, and that's it. The nice thing about this is that it frees up one more day for running. :D So now I'm doing two days a week of four-mile runs, on flat land, and two days a week of three-mile runs, on hills. The other three days are weight training plus some form of cardio other than running (usually stationary bike or elliptical, since that's what's at my gym). My workout routine has changed dramatically since I started losing weight...it is WAY more varied and challenging now. Which is awesome.

Oh, and I ran my 5K in Coronado on Monday. My time was 29:35, came in 22/45 in my age division. I was SO PLEASED. That's my first sub-30-minute time for that distance, and I only spent three months training for it. Life was wonderful for the next twenty-four hours...then post-race blues hit. Now I'm planning a 10K in October. We shall see how I do.
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    We seem to be having the same problems! My family does eat healthier than before these days, but there were so many other things i was doing when i loved at school. They won't switch to whole grain bread and pasta and we usually have hotdogs, burger, or speghetti or lasagna about once a week. I do get the sandwiche flats to eat with hamburgers and sanwiches, but besides that it's all while breads/pastas. I had completely switched to whole grains at school. And my mom likes to "doctor up" health foods ha, like the peach cobbler, adding stuff to the 100 calorie guacamole, always adding extra salt or butter. No my mom's not Paula Dean haha.

I also get restless on rest days. If i don't keep myself busy on rest day with shopping around town or cleaning i'll drive myself crazy! I have to move i can't just sit all day! I usually end up at least walking to doing some slight swimming with my sister. Last time i ticked her off i think.... I HAD to move and wanted fresh air (yes in 95 degree weather) so i made her walk in the park with me. Tried to get ther to run but she wasn't willing at all. She only lasted 20 minutes ha. Then i made her go swimming when we got home ha
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    I never really have a "rest" day. Today was suppose to be one, but me and my mom went on a 12 mile bike ride. I think if you find an exercise, that still makes you feel accomplished and doesn't push you as much as your normal workouts.

My big problem is my sugar intake. And I'm not even doing it on purpose. Right now it's between 30-60 grams a day. I would like to keep it at 30 or below, especially because diabetes runs in the family. And since everyone is down for the partners... Should I just partner everyone off then?
  • jbrod19
    jbrod19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in for pairs!! :)

My workout routine is going pretty well -- I change it up quite a bit. Sometimes I start on the treadmill for a warmup and then do bike or elliptical and sometimes I do other things. I wish that I had more motivation to go to the gym but I'm going 4-5 times a week and going pretty hard on the weekends! I'm definitely eating healthier too -- not just worrying about the calories but also looking for good nutritional values.

I'm looking to lose 15 more pounds before the summer is over so lets gooooo!
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    bump!
  • lizzy_09
    lizzy_09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so up for pairs!

I kinda giggle when you said sleep more..for some reason I have been sleeping like I did in the summers when I was in middle school. Staying up till morning in sleeping till the afternoons! Lolz

But diet wise I have been definitely slacking on eating heathy foods. When I first started, I would always cook and enjoy some solid meals. Now i am working such odd times and meeting up with friends who went far away for school...and my lovely sleeping schedule...I have been grabbing a fast food meal and that's all i eat for the entire day. I really need to change that!

I definitely need a new workout plan... My current one of walking and more walking is getting, well, boring. I would love to start running again and hopefully add some strength training. Geez I use to run all the time..what happened?? Must start again. I definitely miss running!!

=] p.s. Harry potter. Thursday or Friday @1201. So excited!! Thought I'd share.

Here is to a great week!!
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This week, I weighed in at 135.5! More importantly, I'm half a pound away from the original goal I set for myself (thinking, all the while, that it was impossible). Yay, SOC!
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    Bump! Weigh ins please :)
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    131!! I"ve been slacking on eating healthy for......almost a month now. Pretty bad. But I finally managed to be good yesterday. Also been slacking on gym, swamped with class and work.
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    170.5!

Though it might be because I'm sick. I didn't even weigh until late this afternoon after lunch so I'm gonna weigh tomorrow morning and see if it's any lower *crossing fingers* I did eat an extra hot dog for dinner though. I was so hungry. All this sinus pressure and gunk totally took away my appetite yesterday, especially since I felt like dying in the heat at work. I had to make myself eat lunch yesterday.

I haven't been feeling so sexy lately... :/ I think I need more sleep. I usually only get sick if a wear myself down, so today I (sort of) surrendered. Slept in some, lounged about, then managed to do some cleaning, more like frantic cleaning actually...found out our poor dog had seed ticks EVERYWHERE!! and they got all over the first floor of the house!! I didn't log the cleaning but I did do some light swimming later. sometimes some exercise is the best remedy.

Sorry I haven' been on lately. I got a few more hours this week! I also just got a new Android phone and now have MFP's app! The food product scanner is AWESOME!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely summer
  • newkay
    newkay Posts: 20
    Options
    I think the pairing up thing is a really good idea. there are a few girls in this group that i keep up with pretty well and you all seem super nice :)
    This week I'm going to focus on getting my butt to the gym instead of relying on being under on my calories. my life is so incredibly hectic for the next three weeks that i dont know how well im going to manage that goal, but i cant just not try! :) i cant imagine that "these are the best years" since its nothing but hard work and no credit!

in other rambling news, 139 is officially my "plateau". F you, 139.