Ricotta cheese.....recipe suggestions?

Options
_SusieQ_
_SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
I bought some FF ricotta cheese for a recipe I made last night. But now I have a lot left.... Suggestions for recipes???

Replies

• MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it with some blueberries, strawberries,... and drizzle honey over it.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    by the spoonful!

haha....

i like ricotta on eggs with spinach. or a ricotta pie. or dolloped on an an onion fritatta.
  • whitters114
    Options
    I like to take about a quarter of a cup of ricotta, one packet of Splenda and a tiny amount of vanilla extract. Mix them together well and enjoy :)
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Unsweetened coco powder, vanilla, and splenda. Yummy Yummy.
  • MollyYao
    MollyYao Posts: 12
    Options
    I put it on top of raisen toast with a drizzle of honey and slices of strawberries.
  • artsymel
    artsymel Posts: 9
    Options
    i used to do a low fat version of Alfredo with ricotta, plain yogurt and Parmesan cheese
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's pretty good in an omelette too! Or a veggie lasagne.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Ricotta pancakes! Ricotta gnocchi!!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Am loving these suggestions. Ricotta was on sale this week so I picked some up, but then didn't know what to do with it! lol
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    OH! In a smoothie or with fresh fruit!

(I suppose you could dip cookies in some sweetened ricotta, but that might be a good suggestion for another site...or cheesecake)
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    You can do squash roll-ups, the squash acts like the pasta in manicotti or cannelloni.

Just steam the squash and cut lengthways into strips then fill with the ricotta mixture and roll up.

Use a basic lasagne type ricotta filling: ricotta, egg (or egg replacer), chopped spinach, Parmesan cheese (optional), basil & oregano, red chili flakes etc. You can add grated carrot and extra grated squash, too.

Top with fresh tomato sauce and bake in the oven until the sauce is bubbly and the filling is set.

It works well with eggplant, too.
  • mickygough
    Options
    This is awesome and delicious but a bit of work... if you use evaporated milk instead of cream it's quite a good meal with not too many calories :)

http://www.cathyskitchen.energyaustralia.com.au/recipes/pumpkin_lasagne
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    If you've never tried to make Ricotta, it's amazingly easy (and YUMMY!) - and breaks down to be cheaper than when on sale! I used Ina Garten's recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/homemade-ricotta-recipe/index.html

It makes a BOATLOAD (I re-boiled it a couple of times to get more) so plan on sharing with friends and family!
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    tiramisu