Need mates for support, accountability and motivation

Options
Hey everyone,

I live in New Zealand but I'm open to friends anywhere. I have always struggled with my weight until 2 years ago, I started on this journey to lose a lot of weight and increase my fitness, so my husband and I could start a family. I lost 43kgs however when I finally got my miracle baby I put all the weight back on so I'm starting from scratch.

I adore my son but he is now 5 months old and he needs me to pull my finger out and get healthy so I can be around for years to come for him and my family.

I'm really motivated but I'd love to be on this journey with others who are in the same boat as me or even others who have been through the experience of being morbidly obese (at least that's how the medical profession categorise us) and losing a lot of weight.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Orla xxx

Replies

• squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too am looking to lose quite a bit to start my own family...actually were actively TTC and I'm hoping to lose a bit on the way during pregnancy as I have plenty of extra. I would be happy to be your friend. Good luck!
  • OrlaKane339
    OrlaKane339 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    squeeeyk wrote: »
    Welcome! I too am looking to lose quite a bit to start my own family...actually were actively TTC and I'm hoping to lose a bit on the way during pregnancy as I have plenty of extra. I would be happy to be your friend. Good luck!

Awesome, good luck to you too, it was an amazing feeling carrying my son and I thought my heart when explode when he finally arrived. He is such a content and happy baby, so now it's up to me to get my *kitten* together for him.

:-)
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Different situation but looking for friends to support eat other on our respective journeys.

I'm an Aussie. You're welcome to add me. I'm trying to post a few green smoothie and clean eating recipes and things in my feed.
  • Denise_Valentine
    Denise_Valentine Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would love to help you on your journey! I log daily and like and comment on posts all the time! seeing others succeed helps motivate me.
  • Mollie672
    Mollie672 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'd like to find some friends to support each other as we work toward our goals too. My "enough is enough" moment came when I stepped on the scale for the first time in ages and saw 177. Realizing that at 5'0 tall and 47 years old I was within 25 pounds of 200 was like having a bucket of ice water dumped on me. That was in May, and I'm down 19 lbs since then. I was down 22, but I got careless and put three back on in one month. Got to get back on track!

I'd be happy to be friends! :smiley:
  • catzpyjamaz
    catzpyjamaz Posts: 47 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I would love to add more friends. I'm in nz too. I can't figure out how to add friends but I am on here daily.
  • BabiiSam
    BabiiSam Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for motivational friends... feel free to add me :)