State of Slim

Has anyone tried the State of Slim? I'm planning on trying it and I'd love to hear about other people's experiences.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I believe that's also known as the Denver Diet which is basically identical to Paleo. You'll likely have more success by searching for paleo on the forums: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search

Personally, if it's endorsed by Dr. Oz (which this is) I will stay away from it. He admitted under oath that he promotes things he knows are not supported by science. I don't trust known liars.
  • Lannie79
    Lannie79 Posts: 28 Member
    Definitely worth the $15 to get the book. I've spent more money on less.

State is Slim is out of the University of Colorado. Designed by a medical doctor and psychologist based on decades of research from the National a Weight control registry. The food plan is in 3 phases. First 2 weeks are quite restrictive meant to kickstart your system. Then add back more foods in phase 2 & 3. They factor in 2 cheat meals a week. Very liveable...easy to stay on plan eating out, etc. I liked it because as long as I measured portions I didn't have to log calories. The high protein kept me full, I wasn't snacking which created a deficit. It worked as long as I followed the plan. Lost 20lbs in 16 weeks....then life stress got in the way and I went back to old habits....that is a comment on my choices not the plan.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited October 2016
    Lannie79 wrote: »
    Definitely worth the $15 to get the book. I've spent more money on less.

State is Slim is out of the University of Colorado. Designed by a medical doctor and psychologist based on decades of research from the National a Weight control registry. The food plan is in 3 phases. First 2 weeks are quite restrictive meant to kickstart your system. Then add back more foods in phase 2 & 3. They factor in 2 cheat meals a week. Very liveable...easy to stay on plan eating out, etc. I liked it because as long as I measured portions I didn't have to log calories. The high protein kept me full, I wasn't snacking which created a deficit. It worked as long as I followed the plan. Lost 20lbs in 16 weeks....then life stress got in the way and I went back to old habits....that is a comment on my choices not the plan.

No need to 'kickstart' anything or do arbitrary phases-just eat at an appropriate calorie deficit for your weight goals. Also no need to make drastic changes to what you eat or cut out the foods you enjoy-thats not sustainable long term (and weight loss means nothing if you can't maintain the loss). And I'm actually a participant of the NWCR, and I'm very curious to know how he used the registry to come up with this plan. Something sounds 'off' here.
  • blgolden
    blgolden Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for the insights!
  • girlzoot
    girlzoot Posts: 3 Member
    I've been looking for others to share information on State of Slim. Not sure if you are still participating, but feel free to add me.

Also, just as an FYI, the NWCR co-founder is also the co-writer of the State of Slim book.

www.nwcr.ws/people/Hill.htm
    http://www.stateofslim.com/