Infatuation vs Love

Options
13»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Reading this makes me wonder if infatuation can't turn into love. I think there's more to infatuation than just lust. I think it also means seeing the object of your infatuation through rose -colored glasses. You only see the good. Even things that would be annoying or less-than-ideal in a long-term relationship can be things you find cute or endearing in someone you're infatuated with. But who's to say that after that wears off you don't still find yourself attracted to and caring about - or even loving - that person? We definitely don't start off loving someone we've just met, so we've got to start somewhere. I'm not saying that all love starts off as infatuation, but I'd imagine some does.

Oh yeah. Definitely. I just thought the question meant the difference between only infatuation that isn't turning to love vs. Love.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Just wait..if it goes away it was just infatuation.
  • amandablair90
    amandablair90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think infatuation is consisted of an idea -- that picture created in one's head. The ideal concept. The scenarios you imagine with said person. What we call a crush.. that silly obsession.

Love, however, is seeing the scary bits, the flaws, the damage ... a person in their entirety -- and even with those things out in the open, it's all worth it. It's all beautiful to you.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    Everyone starts with infatuation. Love is something that is gained and nurtured over time. Some fall faster than others, and some never get there at all.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    Love is *kitten*.